Antigua Winds
AW Reeds

Default Rayburn Music Boston

I know that everyone knows that the level repair done at Rayburn Music is one of the highest in the world, but I just wanted to post this to thank this store in any way I can. I recently purchased a Mark VI 239,xxx alto from Rayburn Music. It was overhauled by the one and only Emilio Lyons. It is an amazing horn. The best I have ever played. I have had a few things that have needed fixing since I have gotten it, and when ever I go there to get small repairs done, I have been treated with the utmost respect. The quality of the repairs is amazing. They are done quickly, professionally, right in front of you, for free, and with very, very high quality. Today, I went in for a quick repair. Emilio wasn't there. I went over to their other tech, Danny Kellerman. I had never met him, but I asked him if he would be able to fix my leak. He, just like Emilio, fixed it quickly, and with high quality. This is more proof of just how great Rayburn Music really is.

Wow, very nice story, congrats! You got lucky, and as always, my immediate question is, are you POSITIVE Emilio did the overhaul? ( a fair question)
    Actually probably he did since it was a VI and you bought it from him.
    I've had about 5 bad experiences from that place, so I'm skeptical. But congrats on the new horn!
    By the way, that quality service you received should be expected, and is ALWAYS par for the course at Grade A shops like John Woodman (Woodman Instrument Repair) or Les Arbuckle.

-a Boston native

Default Re: Rayburn Music Boston

Yeah Emilio did it. He told me he did, at least. It also has the Emilio sticker on it.