Sax on the Web Forum banner
1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  andyfranciscomposer 
#1 ·
Greetings, Saxophonists!

My name is Andy Francis and I am currently a DMA candidate in composition at Michigan State University.

During the summer of 2012, I will compose a new work for unaccompanied alto saxophone. This will be my second work for the genre. The piece will be composed as a collaboration with saxophonist Andrew Allen, a young virtuoso who is currently pursuing a DMA in saxophone performance at the University of South Carolina. This will be the second time I have collaborated with Andrew. The last time, I composed my work Hallucination I for him, which he subsequently premiered at the 2010 Ball State University Festival of New Music. This piece was also performed at the 2011 Society of Composers, Inc. Region VI Conference.

The piece will be around 7 minutes in duration. It will employ a number of extended techniques and will be appropriate for college-level performers.

Via Kickstarter, you can be part of this commissioning consortium!

Be part of this commission. Supporting new music through a consortium gives you the opportunity to commission a new piece without having to spend a great deal of money.

Here is the link to the Kickstarter page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1111896559/commission-a-new-piece-for-alto-saxophone

To become more familiar with myself and the music that I am offering as a reward through this project, please visit www.andyfrancismusic.com

Best Regards,

Andy

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.