Sax on the Web Forum banner

Soundtrack for a zombie movie

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  dubrosa22 
#1 ·
A friend of mine is currently studying film production at university and has asked our band to do the soundtrack for his short zombie flick "The Runners".
We have the basic backbone for one or two tracks but when i tried to improvise something it came out a bit random because i have no frame of reference.

So i need some dark, atmospheric music with Saxophone so that i can get some ideas and try to copy the style.
I found this track which is sort of what i imagine it should sound like

Also has anyone got any advice?
I imagine i should use the Tenor, use blues scales and mainly stick to the middle to low register.

If anyones interested heres a link to the trailer to give you an idea of the style of movie.
Its pretty low budget but i still want to do it justice.

#2 ·
Truthfully, I can't imagine doing a film score without seeing what the scene looks like.

#4 ·
Well the main tracks will be for the introduction and credit sequences with the actual scenes mainly being ambience, So its mainly just music that sets the tone for a zombie apocalypse.
The plan is to do several rough versions and then find which ones he likes best, it might turn out we only use the sax for the credits but its still something i can add to my musical accomplishments.

#5 ·
Oh, in that case, anything goes. Maybe some zombified skaaaahhhhhh to go with the Braaaaiiiiiinnnnnzzz...

#6 ·
First,

I took the title music from the video and sped it up. Plus I had it start changing cords near the end. Here it is:

http://cierra.cc/scary.mp3

Now, start out with the sax holding dominant note and then work out some cool lead-in's to each phrase while just and hanging on the next note during the body of phrases. It will be cool and scary.

I'm still at work, so I don't have access to my DAW. This is as much as I can do with mobile apps from work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.