Antigua Winds
AW Reeds
    Distinguished SOTW Member Carl H.'s Avatar

Default Nady MicromMHT-16X

http://www.nady.com/micromht16x.html

Anybody got any first hand feed back on these? I saw it in the WWBW catalog and it looks interesting for the price.
    So far, this is the oldest I've been.

Default Re: Nady MicromMHT-16X

I like the design but skeptical of Nady's sound quality....great price point though compared to other wireless systems.
    “What I reach for first when I play is sound. Technique maybe, but there is technique in sound.” –Dewey Redman
    “Hipness isn’t a state of mind; it’s a fact of life.” - Julian ‘Cannonball’ Adderley
    www.stormyband.com

I'm trying one now. Sound seems quite bright. Definitely not a high end device, but then neither am I. It's hard to evaluate the sound, as I can't get far enough away to distinquish what's coming out of the speaker as opposed to what's coming out of the sax.

Quite easy to set up and use. The only minus I've found is that you can't put your sax on a stand.

Distinguished SOTW Member RandyJ's Avatar
    Belle Harbor-Greenwich, CT and Grindelwald Switzerland

Carl,
    I received a promo in the mail on this mic system from Nady PR. The specs are no where near an AMT or even a Samson. I find it odd there is no XLR or easily accessible gain control. I think for the price it will appeal to allot of players.

JR

Anybody still using this mic or have any other opinions now that some time has gone bye? I'm using a wired Shure Beta 98 right now. Do you think there would be a great difference in sound quality?

Thanks.