P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: Older" Evette" vs Evette-Schaeffer vs Evette Schaeffer Paris

Distinguished SOTW Member CashSax's Avatar

Default Older" Evette" vs Evette-Schaeffer vs Evette Schaeffer Paris

..it seems they made the "student" model that we all know. Gold lacq body, Nickel plate keys, floral body to bell brace. OK you got it..

The first ones seemed to have had E-S plus "Paris" engraved on the the bell.

Then just Evette-Schaeffer (I have that tenor #1884*)..(no paris)

I just picked up an Alto engraved simply Evette. The horn looks identical to my Tenor in all respects. No mention from seller of an Italy stamp. I really dig the Tenor's sound and have read some good stuff about the Altos as well.

I'm hoping the Alto I get has the same characteristics as the Tenor.

I'm curious if the brass thickness, body tube size etc, etc were the same thruout the run, whether engraved E-S Paris, just E-S, or simply "Evette"...?

All three versions seem to look alike...

Wondering how, or IF these evette horns are really that much different from each other..

Finally, anybody know what was up with the "Italy" factory vs the "Paris" factory and when or why the change of factories was made..

Default Re: Older" Evette" vs Evette-Schaeffer vs Evette Schaeffer Paris

Wow lots of views but not a lot of info. I think these horns are sleepers. If the alto pops like the tenor I'll be a very happy camper.

...got my alto, it says ITALY in tiny letters stamped next to the body bow ring, the serial is 5396*....luckily the ebay pics did not do the horn justice at all and it's a very cherry horn w/newer pads...this evette alto has screws on the body to bell brace and the brace itself is silvered, not gold lac like my ES tenor. pads are good but missing one lg bell pad, so it's going to the shop before I'll know how good the horn sounds. Looks like a very solid and tight horn so far.

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2012

Can you post pics of the new acquisition as well as your other ones ?
    Go for the Old-Skool, homies. www.2ndending.com