I want to arrange a new piece to perform. But I'm having a creative block as far as finding the right song goes. Here's what I what:
* Something that can be sung as a duet that will accept a sax and/or flute intro, break in the middle and ending. I will create those and arrange the song around them.
* Something contemporary that is piano-centric with.
* Something that is both dark and inspiring.
* Lyrics need to have a direct Gospel message. A song like "Wind Beneath My Wings" that only infers a spiritual undertone will not work in my setting.
* The song needs to have some online resources that I can draw from such as a midi, sheet music or at least a performance track without vocals on mp3 that I can modify in Audacity. I don't have time to transcribe and build a whole score from scratch.
I know that's a tall order. But this is usually the type of songs I use. I just can't find the right one this time. I've already worn out the main Casting Crowns songs and I need to move on to something new.