Antigua Winds
AW Reeds
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Davy Jones

Forum Contributor 2013

Default Re: RIP Davy Jones

Well, the heartthrob line was a joke he had been using forever. As far as I knew, he had no major health problems - full of energy and I traveled with him a lot, although not so much in the last few years. It's sad and unfortunate.

Distinguished SOTW Member Jazz Is All's Avatar

That may be and you'd know better than I would. since you worked with him. I was just assuming it from the nature of the joke because jokes on aging tend to be based on the commonly shared realities of those who know them because they are now old and subject to the problems being joked about.
    "We don't determine music, the music determines us; We only follow it to the end of our life: then it goes on without us." -- Steve Lacy

Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician Grumps's Avatar

If you've never seen the Monkees movie Head, it's worth a viewing for the cameos alone. May even convert those that hated them.

Discombobulated SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2014

Jazz is All, I was shocked as well when I read he had been released from the hospital just before his death. Whether Jones had a history of heart problems or not, it seems the hospital should have exercised far more caution.

Distinguished SOTW Technician. Oric Muso's Avatar

Sad news. As a kid I used to really enjoy the TV show. They did some good songs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12