Sax on the Web Forum banner

Berg Larsen Select range, anyone seen these before?

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  soybean 
#1 ·
I just found someone is selling a Berg Larsen "select" mouthpieces, i think distributed through Rose Morris, seem to be in only 2 chambers... anyone seen or used them? First I've noticed, but doesn't seem to be on the Berg site....
When are these from? the guy selling them said were offset too....

#4 ·
A friend of mine gave me this copy of an old advertisement long ago. I don't know from what year. It seems they only came in chamber size 2. Face Smile Organ Newspaper Font

#7 ·
A friend of mine gave me this copy of an old advertisement long ago. I don't know from what year. It seems they only came in chamber size 2.
Thanks for posting that. I have a Select tenor mouthpiece and it is a 2, as you say. Only the SMS is offset. Very nice piece. I think they were hand finished and play tested, unlike other Bergs. Only available in hard rubber it seems.

#5 ·
Wood Household hardware Tool Auto part Font
Auto part Wood Fashion accessory Plastic Metal
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Rim
Automotive tire Rim Automotive lighting Tints and shades Automotive wheel system
I play on for bari a couple years ago. It was not offset, but engraved Select on the shank. It play rather well after a refacing done by Merlin William. Very huge sound. The metal Berg are only there to show the difference. See how long are the inside baffle with the HR.

#6 ·
I had a "Select" Larsen HR tenor piece for a short time, I think it was late in 80s. Better than any other Bergs I had tried but .90 and too small for me. It wasn't offset I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.