P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: FS: Otto Link Tone Edge "Early Babbitt" 9 tenor mouthpiece - bought from 10mfan

Default FS: Otto Link Tone Edge "Early Babbitt" 9 tenor mouthpiece - bought from 10mfan

Here for sale a tenor Otto Link Tone Edge “Early Babbitt” 9.
    I bought this from 10mfan at the beginning of december 2011, 10mfan confirm it.

The mouthpiece is astonishing... big-bold sound, loud and proud!
    It is in very very good condition.

Photos:
    http://digilander.libero.it/spaceist...EB_9/foto1.jpg
    http://digilander.libero.it/spaceist...EB_9/foto2.jpg
    http://digilander.libero.it/spaceist...EB_9/foto3.jpg
    http://digilander.libero.it/spaceist...EB_9/foto4.jpg
    http://digilander.libero.it/spaceist...EB_9/foto5.jpg

Why do I sell this?
    I realized that I need something different from the vintage hr Otto Link vibe.

Price €530 including PayPal fees and shipping with registred mail (with international tracking service)! Check http://www.xe.com/ucc/ for the price in dollars.
    I ship worldwide.
    I ship from central Italy (Frosinone 03100).

PM me for futher infos.

Default Re: FS: Otto Link Tone Edge "Early Babbitt" 9 tenor mouthpiece - bought from 10mfan

Still here!
    If you want to pay with a bank wire transfer, no PayPay fees to pay... (the price will be about 510€)

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2014

Default Re: FS: Otto Link Tone Edge "Early Babbitt" 9 tenor mouthpiece - bought from 10mfan

Hi,
    hope you're well.
    This is a great piece---it likes soft reeds, so i recommend a #2 or 2 1/2 at the most.
    If you like to use a hard reed set-up with all your mpcs, you may not dig this as much.
    If you are open to getting the right reed size for the mpc, this one definitely likes softer reeds--- and will give you a very big, fat sound with little effort.
    The high end stays real fat, and doesnt thin out.

Hi Mark... No problem with this piece... even with harder reed.
    I got some issues... but I only had to change something in my embrochure.

Still here!

European SOTW users... where are you?

Any records or sound files available? It looks fine though, but I'd prefer to know more about your setup an then listen to it.

Pm Sent

@decus69: PM not received but I wrote you back.

Still here!
    If you want to pay with a bank wire transfer, no PayPay fees to pay... (the price will be about 510€)

I can offer a trial period for EU users... PM me for details.

Distinguished SOTW Member. Tzadik's Avatar

Well... I tried the mouthpiece.
    I have to say I'm not "into" vintage piece (it's very subjective matter)... but I really like this pieces, it's definitely as described.
    My "benchmark" for "vintage HR Otto Link vibe" is the TM Early Babbitt Tone Edge (I had one of that).
    This original EB has a fuller sound, some what darker... it has a slight more "powerful". I got a lot of fun... playing it!
    It's also somewhat freeblowing... but this (I think) because I use to play 8* tip opening pieces: this EB is a 9, the TM EB I had was a 7* and my horn (R&C R1 Jazz) works better with open mouthpieces.

It's a really great mouthpiece... great for standard jazz but it can be very good also for loud gigs: it has a strong presence.

Davide offers a trial period because he knows the high quality of this piece.
    I honestly think it's highly improbable that you want to send it back... once you tried it.

The price is a very good deal for european users.

Buy with confidence!

New price: €460 (four hundred and sixty euros) including shipping, excluding PayPal fees (or via Personal Tab).
    I can also accept bank transfer (no PayPal fees!).

I can offer a trial period for EU users.
    Outside-EU user PM for other shipping details.

PM me for further informations.

Still here!
    Remember that €460 is about $600...
    Outside-EU user PM me... for other shipping details.

I can evaluate trade and partial trade proposals... with vintage metal Otto Links (preferred tip openings from 7* to 8*/9).

Quote Originally Posted by 10mfan View Post
    it likes soft reeds, so i recommend a #2 or 2 1/2 at the most
    10mfan, do you remember the size of the opening (.120?). Do you think the mpc likes softer reeds because of its size or is it this particular piece?

I play no USA STM 9* with 3 1/2 reeds, so that's why I am having doubts on this offer.
    It's true: a dirty mind is a joy forever!

PM sent!

Sold!

Again on sale...
    New price: €410 (four hundred and ten euros) including shipping, excluding PayPal fees (or via Personal Tab): a "bargain" price!!!

Gone.