Sax on the Web Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTW new member introductions, 2012 Jan - March

52K views 216 replies 198 participants last post by  billthepill 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm a saxophonist who's been reading the forums for a while. Glad to join the community.

#183 ·
Re: Re : Re: SOTW new member introductions, 2012

Hello all from San Diego. I am an old-school rock and roll guitarist looking for a new challenge, so I picked up the sax and am learning to play. I have recently found an instructor to help my growing pains. He set me up with a BEAUTIFUL Martin Indiana tenor that I'm getting accustomed to. I look forward to getting away from the honks (the cats hide when I play) and getting on to really goosing it up. Hopefully the cats will come back out soon.

#185 ·
Re: SOTW new member introductions, 2012

Hi!

I'm Veronica Isabelle, 20 yrs, a classical saxophone student with professors Claus Olesen and Johannes Thorell at the Royal Academy of Music in Aarhus, Denmark. Played for about ten years, been to a lot of competitions and masterclasses, and have been reading this forum alot, only never got around to create a user.

#186 ·

Hello Harri and all the SOTW members. Nice website here! My name is Richard, aka RRsax, age 59. I play blues, rock, folk, R&B and I accompany singer-songwriters. I also play some jazz, but it's not my specialty. As a frequent performer in the Philadelphia PA area, I am currently recording two CDs with my bandmates, using professional studio engineers. As chairman of the music ministry committee at my church, I recruit other musical acts and schedule performances for the church. I have been playing sax for 50 years and I currently own 4 saxes -- an Antigua soprano, a Couf alto, a Yamaha pro tenor and a Unison bari sax. I do have an immediate agenda. I want to post an "item wanted" ad: I have an Antigua Winds A590LQ professional soprano sax, finished in brass lacquer, purchased from Kessler Music of Las Vegas in 2010. It is a straight soprano sax with two interchangeable necks, one straight and one that is slightly curved. The curved neck was dented and then repaired, but it does not look good, and I would like to replace it with one that is in good condition. Please contact me if you can sell me a curved neck for this horn, or if you have any advice to help me in this predicament .. ... many thanks! Very glad to be joining SOTW!

#191 ·

Hello, pleasure to finally sign up for the forum, been using it for months to answer my music related conundrums. On another note, I've been playing clarinet and tenor sax and I am a member of the SFYS (South Florida Youth Symphony).

Time to start postin',
Alec

#192 ·

Hello,

I'm glad to join this forum that I've been reading off of for months. I'm 17 and I LOVE the saxophone. I've been playing for roughly six years now, and I'm best at the alto. My main reason for joining this site is to get good tips for playing and knowing the best set-ups that would be good for me, my main concern right now being reeds.

#199 ·

Hi, my name is Charlie Phillips and I've been playing sax for 8 years. I am from Seattle and played in the Garfield Jazz Band there. Now, I am a freshman at the UW. I mainly play tenor but I also play some alto, and I bought a soprano a couple days ago that I like!

#200 ·

Hi everybody. My name is Daniel. I started early in junior high school playing clarinet and after a year and a half switched to the awesome Saxaphone. I played it for 5 years until I got out High school in 96. Im now 34 and decided to buy me another Sax, I started with a Yamaha student model (YAS23) just to make sure I would still enjoy it. I LOVE it and I find its amazing the things I still remember from my school days, and also the things Ive forgotten. Im currently taking lessons 2x/week and playing my sax non-stop at home. Im so happy to get back into playing music again and looking to upgrade to a Cannonball professional Tenor sax. Glad to be a part of this group and look forward to lots of advice and tips

#202 ·

Hello folks-I finally jumped in after lurking off and on over the past few months. I've been playing and performing for over 50 years and am proud to say I bought my Mark VI tenor brand new in 1966. I also have its baby brother 1968 Mark VI alto and a Yamaha YSS-875 soprano to complete the stable. What a great group you guys are!! Thanks for your wisdom.

#203 ·

Finally a member after reading many posts. I am alto player as well as an educaor with a passion for free improv. Main reason in joining was to sell my mark vi alto which is currently in the marketplace. Also like the resource of many minds and differing opinions which is fun to read.

#205 ·

Hello everyone. I've been playing alto for 5 years and bari for about a year now. Had experience in different ensembles including a local big band and a quartet that I started with some friends. Looking forward to getting more involved with a website that I have been reading for awhile now.

#206 ·

Hello everyone,

I've been peeking at SOTW for a while now and finally became a member.
I'm the saxophone professor at Columbus State University in Columbus, GA and I'm starting a new event in October called ISSAC (International Saxophone Symposium And Competition).
Please check out the website: columbusstate.edu/issac
You may also "like" ISSAC on Facebook:http://tinyurl.com/8ycdtsf
And you can follow ISSAC on Twitter: ISSACsaxophone
Cheers!

#207 ·

I'm a new member -- today. An American woman living in Ethiopia. I'm an amateur, but studied clarinet in NYC w Lennie Tristano, 1964-8.

I got to the forum via a review posted by saxoholic abt Buffet Crampon's series 400 Alto saxophones. I'm trying to find out if my instrument is a Series 100 or 400, and what it is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.