P Mauriat
Antigua Winds
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: SOTW new member introductions, 2012 Jan - March

Default Re: Re : Re: SOTW new member introductions, 2012

Hey, I play saxophone and have been for 6 years, loving every minute of it!

Hello all from San Diego. I am an old-school rock and roll guitarist looking for a new challenge, so I picked up the sax and am learning to play. I have recently found an instructor to help my growing pains. He set me up with a BEAUTIFUL Martin Indiana tenor that I'm getting accustomed to. I look forward to getting away from the honks (the cats hide when I play) and getting on to really goosing it up. Hopefully the cats will come back out soon.

Default Re: SOTW new member introductions, 2012

Hello !
    I'm an ever old saxophone player and I'd like to participate to this forum after some years to only reading right from left your posts... Of course, I have a lot of questions and arguments that I'd like to share for saxophone.

Hi!

I'm Veronica Isabelle, 20 yrs, a classical saxophone student with professors Claus Olesen and Johannes Thorell at the Royal Academy of Music in Aarhus, Denmark. Played for about ten years, been to a lot of competitions and masterclasses, and have been reading this forum alot, only never got around to create a user.

Hello Harri and all the SOTW members. Nice website here! My name is Richard, aka RRsax, age 59. I play blues, rock, folk, R&B and I accompany singer-songwriters. I also play some jazz, but it's not my specialty. As a frequent performer in the Philadelphia PA area, I am currently recording two CDs with my bandmates, using professional studio engineers. As chairman of the music ministry committee at my church, I recruit other musical acts and schedule performances for the church. I have been playing sax for 50 years and I currently own 4 saxes -- an Antigua soprano, a Couf alto, a Yamaha pro tenor and a Unison bari sax. I do have an immediate agenda. I want to post an "item wanted" ad: I have an Antigua Winds A590LQ professional soprano sax, finished in brass lacquer, purchased from Kessler Music of Las Vegas in 2010. It is a straight soprano sax with two interchangeable necks, one straight and one that is slightly curved. The curved neck was dented and then repaired, but it does not look good, and I would like to replace it with one that is in good condition. Please contact me if you can sell me a curved neck for this horn, or if you have any advice to help me in this predicament .. ... many thanks! Very glad to be joining SOTW!

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    Hi, I'm a 70 years old musician, living in the Netherlands and playing Saxophones, Clarinets, Flutes and Guitar for over 55 years. Hope to contribute to, and learning from this great Forum!
    I found your post to be interesting. I myself am 68 years and starting playing
    about 55 years ago, but stopped playing for about 45 years until a few months
    ago when I took the tenor saxophone out of the case and started practicing again.

How things have changed in terms of the brands of both saxophones and mouthpieces, as well as reeds that are available. I still have some 45 to 50 year old
    rico reeds ( they should be in a museum ).

Playing again has been great. Where did the time go ? I am now in the process of
    trying better mouthpieces and different brands of reeds.

Hi all!

I am an alto sax player. I've been playing since I was about 16 years old. My favorit brand is Borgani.
    It's a pleasure to join your community.

Matyesz

Hello,

I've been reading these forums for a while and finally got around to joining. Mainly a tenor/alto player.

Cheers,
    B

Hi all. Carlos here, looking forward to talking to some horn fans here.

Hello, pleasure to finally sign up for the forum, been using it for months to answer my music related conundrums. On another note, I've been playing clarinet and tenor sax and I am a member of the SFYS (South Florida Youth Symphony).

Time to start postin',
    Alec

Hello,

I'm glad to join this forum that I've been reading off of for months. I'm 17 and I LOVE the saxophone. I've been playing for roughly six years now, and I'm best at the alto. My main reason for joining this site is to get good tips for playing and knowing the best set-ups that would be good for me, my main concern right now being reeds.

Hello!
    I'm a sax professional for a long time and I've been reading the forums for many years. Now I finally want to join the community.

Jan

Welcome all new members!

Hello,
    Im a tenor player that has been reading here for quite a while. Im from Scandinavia and finally joined when, chasing a soprano, I had read about every thread on Yanni sopranos here. :-D

Kris

Greetings all,

Ken here from Texas. Picking up the horn again after several decades away. This forum looks like a great resource.

hi,
    I am a tenor player in Bangalore, India. I am glad to join this awesome community.

Hello,
    I'm a late bloomer just starting out, currently in Denver. I've gathered tons of helpful info from this site already. Great to be able to get thoughts from people who know far more than I do about music and saxophone.

Hi, my name is Charlie Phillips and I've been playing sax for 8 years. I am from Seattle and played in the Garfield Jazz Band there. Now, I am a freshman at the UW. I mainly play tenor but I also play some alto, and I bought a soprano a couple days ago that I like!

Hi everybody. My name is Daniel. I started early in junior high school playing clarinet and after a year and a half switched to the awesome Saxaphone. I played it for 5 years until I got out High school in 96. Im now 34 and decided to buy me another Sax, I started with a Yamaha student model (YAS23) just to make sure I would still enjoy it. I LOVE it and I find its amazing the things I still remember from my school days, and also the things Ive forgotten. Im currently taking lessons 2x/week and playing my sax non-stop at home. Im so happy to get back into playing music again and looking to upgrade to a Cannonball professional Tenor sax. Glad to be a part of this group and look forward to lots of advice and tips

Hi Everyone, I have played for over 40 years, mostly Woodwinds. I went to Berklee back in the late 70s, it's nice to be here

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast