P Mauriat
Antigua Winds
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: SOTW new member introductions, 2012 Jan - March

Default Re: SOTW new member introductions, 2012

Hi all.
    I just purchased an old Martin C-melody and found this site looking for information on mouthpieces. I've played sax since the 70s. Primarily Alto through school years and now mostly Tenor in blues, classic rock, and 50s bands. I owned a music shop for several years and play multiple instruments. I mostly rotate between tenor sax, rhythm guitar, djembe, and vocals during a typical gig and I occasionally sit-in on bass, mandolin, or sax with other bands. I'll be looking for "The Martin Tenor" in the near future to complete my Martin set.

Hello everyone! I'm Madison, and I am new to the sax and this forum! I am not new to music. I play bass, guitar, and the drums. Sax is very different from the other instruments I play but, I recently inherited one and decided to take it up. Looking forward to learning a lot from this forum!

Default Re: Re : Re: SOTW new member introductions, 2012

Hi there all,
    Well I finally made myself a participator and not a reader!
    Based in the UK, SE recently branched into the world of Sax after playing Clarinet since I was 11 although I did play Alto Sax briefly at a music centre in London called The Centre for Young Musicians I have not touched a sax from then until last year...

So, glad to expose myself to you all and hope to be of some use to someone one day... LOL

Hi There!

New to this forum, looking forward to reading an participating!

My horns:

T: Yanagisawa T901 (neck upgrade), Berg Larsen 105 1 SMS, Rovner Light, Rico Select Jazz 3M
    S: Yamaha YSS 475, Selmer S80 F, Rico Select Jazz 2,5
    B: Migma (old German horn), Otto Link Super Tone Master 8, Rovner for Otto Link, Rico Royal 3

Hello,
    I am newbie playing my tenor sax but happy to be here for learn quickly !!

Thank you

All the best from Italy

Hey Everyone,

I play Alto and Soprano in a big band in the Netherlands.
    We are playing a lot of Stan Kenton and i think we are the only band in the netherlands that plays his music.
    I hope to read a lot interesting material on this forum.

Greets

Ferry

New member here. Looking forward to adding to this great community.

-Michael

Hi there, I am starting the flute (home practice without no tutor to guide me), but major in Piano. Hence i find most of the flute music rather easy to read, compared to some complex piano pieces especially by bartok (Dont know why anyone would try to implement drums accoustic like music transposed into piano sheesh crazy). Soo yeah Pleast help me in the future with flute questions in the future.!

Hello all,

I first learned Alto in the 5th grade, played all the way up through my senior year of high school. My last day in class I made the ridiculous decision to never pick up my sax again. Kind of one of those "Well that was a high school thing, I'll never be able to find the joy in playing my sax without being in a big band again" WRONG.

After high school I joined the military and fell off all my old hobbies. It's been 6 years since I have graduated and I am trying to get back to my roots. Last night I was at a music store and I picked up a sax for $400. It seems to be a beginner's horn, which is fine, being out of practice for 6 years I feel like a beginner again! Lol. I joined these forums to get help with re-learning how to play. I like to play concert pieces and jazz.

Greetings. I am a band director in upstate NY and just found this forum. I was just given an old Conn, Lady In The Window, Alto Sax. Does anyone know about these. I am looking for information and value. It is in the shop having some pads replaced. It is in good shape, although the case, which is original, is not.

Hi, I've been following various threads over the years. Lots of useful information. Especially when I devoted a few years to playing the c-melody sax - this was the spot to gather info.
    Though I had a good time I quit the c-mel - too much work to get what other saxophones give you right away. So I got myself a tenor - much more fun in that - no doubt.
    However if you're curious about the c-mel, you hear me play a short solo on this clip:
    Glad to join,
    best greetings
    Søren

Hi friends !
    It´s my 1st post, I´m from Brazil.
    I´m studying Tenor from one year.
    I´m planning to visit US this year em purchase a new horn. I would like to buy an YTS-62 silver or JTS-889SG may be a Phil Barone Classic, I don´t know yet!
    Its very pleasant to be here!
    Thanks
    Best Regards

Hi everybody! I´m from Brazil too, Rio de Janeiro. Non professional Tenor player (10 years). my horn is a Selmer Super Action 80 series 2, I also own a cheap soprano (the brand is coleman...) that I want to change this year. I´m planning my one life dream trip to the US end of March: one month in deep old mississippi blues region, from Nashville to memphis, route 61, clarksdale, jackson and down to new orleans, with our old 1967 Caprice... in that occasion I´ll buy my new soprano, probably an Antigua... I read you very often and in this forum I find a lot of good orientations to my questions, thank you, great job!!!
    I think I´ll post a dedicated thread to ask where in Nashville, Memphis and the Mississippi area are the best woodwinds shops and dealers... Thank you again
    abraços and happy Carnival!!!

Long time lurker...I just started playing my sax again after a 2.5 year lay off. I'll be hanging out in the beginner's forum!

Just wanted to stop by to say hello and thank everyone for their input on the forums!

Hi Everyone!
    I'm a long-time tenor player. I found this site while looking for some parts. Have enjoyed looking at the forums and will certainly post more.

Greetings. My name is (Mr.) Courtney Nero. I'm in the Washington DC area, playing mainly tenor these days. Born and raised in DC and now living in the DC burbs. I've consulted the forum countless times for advice so I finally decided to become a member. My hobbies are: Dexter Gordon, Charlie Rouse, and (lately) Stanley Turrentine. I released a Stellar Award-nominated jazz and gospel CD, "Make Me Walk," in 2008. I'm "just about" to start a new CD...though I've been saying that for the last two years.

Default Re: Introducing myself

Hello Everyone! I'm new on this forum. I'm a professional musician. I play Saxophone and Piano. I live in Alabama. Right know I'm selling my Selmer Balance Action Alto Sax... If someone is interested, please let me know for details...

Default Re: Introducing myself

Quote Originally Posted by Natanael Sax View Post
    Hello Everyone! I'm new on this forum. I'm a professional musician. I play Saxophone and Piano. I live in Alabama. Right know I'm selling my Selmer Balance Action Alto Sax... If someone is interested, please let me know for details...
    hello Natanael, and welcome to the SOTW Forum.

I would like to reiterate some ground rules here:

Yes, there is trading going between forum members. We have a separate section called Marketplace for it.
    All transactions here are based on mutual trust between forum members. SOTW has no means providing any buyer protection.

SOTW members typically earn credibility over time with their postings and presence her.

Hi. I've been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to become a member.

Über Geek
    Forum Contributor 2010 Distinguished SOTW Member

Quote Originally Posted by emmettw View Post
    Hi. I've been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to become a member.
    Oh, well...NOW you've done it!
    "Nothing is worse for a musician than getting an opportunity you aren't prepared for." - Quincy Jones

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast