P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: TradeTang

Default TradeTang

I wasn't sure which area of the forum to post this in. Since this part deals with online purchasing I guess I would try here. Recently someone mentioned to me the site TradeTang.com. It was in reference to shopping for in-expensive gifts. I checked out the site and it appears to be a "China Wholesale" site. Surprisingly it looks like they have used instruments advertised on there. Has anyone ever bought anything or know much about the site?

Forum Contributor 2011 Steve Stockham's Avatar

Default Re: TradeTang

Well, if you're interested in a: "Wholesale - 2011-Mark VI Tenor Saxophone - Vintage MICCondition:we accept retail and wholesale . aslo customization of . just send me the pics you like. the sound great, superb technology, excellent , suitable for solo, but also for orchestra", then this site's for you! It's a Chinese copy of a MkVI. The asking price is around $400-500. Of course, they have a plethora of other Chinese Makes and Models. Caveat Emptor!!!

Default Don't overlook the "special saliva" on the alto "Salma"

"Salma 802bE F # Alto Saxophone with quality assurance
    Condition:Salma 802bE F # Alto Saxophone with quality assurance Saxophone Type: drop E (or F) transfer Alto Saxophone Material: Brass Finish: Lacquer 1, a special suitcase 2 Brush a special saliva"

Distinguished SOTW Member groovesax's Avatar

What??? No white gloves???...move along. . .nothing to see here

Default Re: TradeTang

OK, ok ... I know that the quality of lots of what is on there is not that great. I was half hoping someone would have bought something maybe from there and could comment on an experience they had. Maybe not worth the time.