Sax on the Web Forum banner

King LE300

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Stocker 
#1 ·
I am a mother of a middle school alto saxophone student. We would like to upgrade her Jupiter (like to drop it in a mine shaft). We have been offered a King LE300 as an upgrade from the rental company. I have spent about 5 hours looking for information on this model and have found nothing. Please, can anyone tell me anything?

#3 ·
Re: King LE300: new information, 2014

This is an old thread, but i noticed Amazon is selling the King LE300 and they are not cheap. Most interesting is they are "made in U.S.A.". The description is very short:

Limited edition alto sax, high F#, rocker low Bb, Articulated low C#, adjustable bumper & thumb rest.

Has anyone heard about this model… an alto sax still made in the USA?.

#5 ·
I've seen a few King LE300s and I'm almost certain they're the same as the Conn 25M (Conntinental) intermediate-level horn. U.S.-made, yes, but these are surely old-stock as they've been out of production for several years at least.

But, if you want a new American sax, old-stock UMI horns like this are the only remaining option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.