Antigua Winds
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Default Re: Washable "Just Joe" strap?

Quote Originally Posted by Swampcabbage View Post
    So, just because you're upset that you already purchased a Cebulla and you want this one. So you want a lower price, a donation, and to nit pick on whatever production material and cost someone has put into creating what (to me) is a better product?.
    Well, if he won't see this, oh well. I won't hide anyone because I can handle unfiltered discussion, even KennyG lovers. It's still too expensive. Joe's got a lot of sales from SOTW. He should kick back more than a crusty old mouthpiece. I called the other day to get more information on the strap, but they said Joe wasn't there but I could hear someone in the background yelling "CHA CHING, CHA CHING, I'M RICH BIATCHES!" Go figure. I'm making this last part up, but that's what I'd be doing
    village idiot has a nice ring to it

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2012

Default Re: JUST JOE's MUSIC "Saxophone GEL-STRAP!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Just Joe View Post
    re CD: I hosted a Jazz Series in our town and brought in top players from around the Northwest.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you didn't invite cosmosis. I think he's still holding a grudge . . .

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2010 magical pig's Avatar

I don't understand your gripe cosmosis. How much $$ do you think Mauriat make on their horns? How about Walmart on each Chinese made item they sell? How about fast food joints on drinks? I seriously doubt Joe is getting "rich" selling these. The Cebulla is more expensive than Joe's strap but, having tried both, IMO the gel strap is vastly superior.

Distinguished SOTW Member Agent27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent27 View Post
    It's a very nice strap. I like my Oleg strap but whenever I wear a white shirt and tie to a gig I can't use it because the stain rubs off on the collar of my shirt. No problem with the Joe's strap yet. It's pretty comfortable. The slider is the best of any strap I've tried. It slides very easily and I've yet to notice any slippage from it once set.

He has several default lengths including 20" and 23". I'm pretty sure the 20" would've been a little too short for me on tenor so I got the 23". It works but you have to pull it fairly high for alto. I should've asked him to make me one at 21" which he says he's willing to do no problem. The impression the gel leaves on your neck when you take the strap off looks kind of weird.

I know this strap got a lot of attention because of the hook (I'm leaving my opinion out of this), but aside from that it's just a really good strap and he'll put any kind of hook you want on it.

A+
    I would like to revise part of my review. It's unfortunate, but the black stain from the leather does rub off on my white dress shirt. It's not like the back of my shirt is all black, but it makes it look dirty and it does leave black spots on the edge of the collar and where it rubs up against where the tag is on the inside of the shirt. Same problem I had with my Oleg.

It doesn't show up on the photo as well as it does in real life, but you can see some of the black marks and how it leaves the outline of the strap on the shirt.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...7/IMG_0122.jpg

Anyone who thinks someone is going to get rich selling neck straps, or any other saxophone related product for that matter, is out of touch with the reality of the market...

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Laughlin View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you didn't invite cosmosis. I think he's still holding a grudge . .
    Sadly I'm not one of the top players in the NW.. yet....yet I tell you

There's a difference between being price gouged by let's say Comcast and a guy who claims "I'm one of you guys". I'm just expressing my opinion. Joe hasn't disputed any of my estimates on price which indicates I'm probably pretty close. If he's making 100k a year then he's on of the 1% and when Occupy Just Joe's (OJJ) starts, I'll probably join them. Now that's America!

Forum Contributor 2014
    Musician and Store Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Agent27 View Post
    I would like to revise part of my review. It's unfortunate, but the black stain from the leather does rub off on my white dress shirt. It's not like the back of my shirt is all black, but it makes it look dirty and it does leave black spots on the edge of the collar and where it rubs up against where the tag is on the inside of the shirt. Same problem I had with my Oleg.

It doesn't show up on the photo as well as it does in real life, but you can see some of the black marks and how it leaves the outline of the strap on the shirt.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...7/IMG_0122.jpg
    Hey Agent,

Thanks for the update. I need to know these things as I continue to want to improve the product where possible. The neck-side leather is used primarily on women’s garments, like blouses. It is the finest material I can purchase and is the least likely to "bleed". I tried many other leathers to include different colors as well. Everything except the black just became so dirty looking that I stopped exploring color options.

Please keep me posted, especially if what you experience would stop you from using my strap.

Sincerely,

Joe

If anyone doesn't like theirs, I'll buy it ($40 max, tenor). I doubt Joe's shipping to Seattle right now

Ordered one yesterday, I'm looking forward to trying it. I have the Cebulla, it works fairly well.... with my neck issues (trying to avoid surgery), I'm trying quite a few things.... if Joe's works, I hope he makes a million on it... if it doesn't, it was worth a try....

Forum Contributor 2012

Quote Originally Posted by cosmosis View Post
    Joe hasn't disputed any of my estimates on price which indicates I'm probably pretty close.
    To me, it just indicates that Joe is taking the high road with you.

More power to you, Joe!

Forum Contributor 2012

cosmosis,you have more than made your point, enough already.
    My wife, whose ears I trust, said that my sound is much fuller, richer, more powerful and resonant on this set up.
    ... but really folks... my wife said, " It sounds like a saxophone ".

Forum Contributor 2011

Joe hasn't disputed any of my estimates on price which indicates I'm probably pretty close.
    To me it indicates he's not paying any attention to your comments because they're irrelevant.
    The Martin "Official Music Man" tenor, Barone black tenor, The Martin baritone, Richards Martin Indiana alto, cheap Chinese soprano, Metalite mouthpieces, Plasticover reeds, Nord Electro 2, bunch of other instruments
    Wall Of Blues, youtube video, P-Town All-Stars, get Rich, Cannons (my band in the 60's) and Cannons record

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMusicMan View Post
    To me it indicates he's not paying any attention to your comments because they're irrelevant.
    It's for posters like cosmosis that God (or was it Harri?) created the ignore function.
    "If it ain't fun, I want no part of it, man. That's the only reason I play." - Phil Woods

Quote Originally Posted by saxphil View Post
    cosmosis,you have more than made your point, enough already.
    Hear Hear!!!

It's still too expensive. Joe's got a lot of sales from SOTW. He should kick back more than a crusty old mouthpiece. I called the other day to get more information on the strap, but they said Joe wasn't there but I could hear someone in the background yelling "CHA CHING, CHA CHING, I'M RICH BIATCHES!" Go figure. I'm making this last part up, but that's what I'd be doing
    It's too expensive? Then don't buy it....that's the beauty of the market, stuff sells when there's a need and a price folks are willing to pay. If folks weren't in business to make money, this country would be in a world of hurt. I'm curious, did you say the same thing when you bought your ipad/ipod/laptop?

Distinguished SOTW member daigle65's Avatar

Reading cosmosis' posts I had the impression he was a 13 year old smart a** but his signature says "'94 IU Music School Dropout", so that can't be right.
    " M'enfin ! " ....Gaston Lagaffe

Quote Originally Posted by StanVI View Post
    that's the beauty of the market, stuff sells when there's a need and a price folks are willing to pay.
    And the beauty of the internet is you can go on discussion forums and let your voice be heard. I might know a lot more about the subject than some of you assume, but I'M DONE, I agree. I made my point, you can choose to agree, disagree, ignore. Remember any press is good press. My comments have probably actually helped Joe. Cheers.

Forum Contributor 2014
    Musician and Store Owner

Happy Friday evening to all,

What will follow is our attempt at a short video clip that speaks to the viscoelastic polymer component of our strap. What ended up happening was more comical than we intended but we decided to post it anyway.

We figured that inserting a little humor on a Friday evening would hurt no one.

Best to all,

Joe and Josi (R&D dept)

Forum Contributor 2012

No,no! Josi,please! Don't hit me with that hammer!
    No,no! Please! Don't stab me with that knife!
    My wife, whose ears I trust, said that my sound is much fuller, richer, more powerful and resonant on this set up.
    ... but really folks... my wife said, " It sounds like a saxophone ".

Non Resident SOTW Eccentric & 2012 Forum Contributor Jazzaferri's Avatar

Actually Josie AFAIam concerned you can whack saxphil with the hammer he doesn't like some of the music that I do

I have ordered a strap from Joe
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast