Sax on the Web Forum banner

Tate Music Group Experiences?

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jjl777 
#1 · (Edited)
I have done some searching, but have not found any other threads. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this record label? Thanks for your time.
mascio

#2 ·
Do not do it. We had a horrible experience. We were offered deals with them, but we wanted to be a part of our music being recorded so we decided to go to Oklahoma City to talk with them, pay the money and sign in person even staying there to over sea our music if we felt we needed to.(Because we have lived in Nashville for years and KNOW that if you pay money for something then they need to let you be there when they record it). When we showed up there, the deal was not only off but they got real nasty with us. Which really dashed our dreams. Also some very good friends of ours who were well known BEFORE they signed with them. They went with them for the whole term and I will just put it to you this way, they DID NOT re-sign :) LOL. So it's a WASTE of money! Read all the scam reports!

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply. In all honesty i was not considering signing with them, but had heard much negativity about them, and wanted to know what some of the more level headed people on this board thought. This forum is generally more mature than many others out there in cyber space. How anyone else could record your music for you is beyond me. And this fact i was not aware of until you mentioned it. Unfortunately, many want so much to get their music out there, they take risks they probably would not normally take.

#4 ·
Hi there,

I'd like to invite any of you reading this to give me a call anytime. I'd love to answer your questions and visit with you about what we do for those artists that we accept (fewer than 6% of all the artists who submit to us), and if you don't already know it, I'd love to educate you about the industry and the fact that no matter the label, an artist always has to pay somewhere along the line.

It's also very important to us that our artists keep 100% of the rights to their music, and therefore they oversee the creation of the music, and they are even welcome to get the music produced on their own and present that to us for distribution and marketing. These are unheard of freedoms within the industry, and we pride ourselves on having an offer that provides these freedoms!

The deal Tate Music Group offers its artists is unlike any other, giving production, distribution, manufacturing, radio promotion, booking, publicity, and advertising.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call any time at 405.376.4900.

Brianne Webb
Director of A&R
Tate Music Group

#5 ·
i think Tate Music Group is on the up and up...they treated me ok when i stumbled on an ad for sending in music to be critiqued...i was having irs trouble so i was unable to sign...i was pretty excited about recording at the Mustang ranch in Oklahoma...anyway...i'd love to follow through with them this summer...i'm hoping to record a tribute cd/album dedicated to a dear friend and brother of forty five years...i have read many critiques on this company...i see there are many bad raps from disgruntled artists...i think in this day and age...younger musicians lose focus...its not about signing with a label that will bring you from rags to riches...its the artist working their skills...crafting their stage presence...record labels can advance a musician/artist to the next level...but its got to be a class act...unique in their presence...only the artist can do that...not a label...my suggestion to the disgruntled...hone your skills...keep playing gigs...work hard every day and enjoy playing whenever wherever...i think this is overlooked by so many artists these days...so many see american idol and root for the best artist...thinking that is how it will happen to them...to them i say...that is not how it works...talent...one word that will bring you to the top...just like the tiny bubbles in a beer glass...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.