Sax on the Web Forum banner

Guardala neckstrap plastic hook the same as the Cebulla hook?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Borganiboy 
#1 ·
I havent gotten a clear answer from sax-cessories that is selling these on Ebay. I asked if this was the same Carbon Fiber re-inforced plastic like the Cebulla straps with the plastic hooks are, and he just said they are durable just like the Cebulla without saying they were Carbon Fiber re-inforced plastic. I want to make sure this is the same type of hook before plunking down $75 + shipping. Thanks.

#2 ·
I got the metal hook DG strap,best stap i ever had.Ony use it at home and for jazz gigs.I use a neotech for hot stuffy band gigs,put a rubber sheath on the dg hook.I had a white Cebulla strap but found the neck support to big,my DG is the black 1,i want the brown DG strap next.

#3 ·
One major problem with the rubber sheath is that the one part of the metal that will scrape and scratch the neckstrap ring is the retractable part of the hook which is the one area you can't put a rubber sheath on or else it won't retract to attach to the neckstrap ring. Oddly enough that is the main part that causes the scratching.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.