Sax on the Web Forum banner

used yamaha yas-23 alto sax value?

36K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  buddy lee 
#1 ·
Well i have a used model YAS-23 model yamaha alto saxophone. I have not touched the thing since high school (im 22) and i don't really see myself taking up playing again so i am trying to sell it. I got an ad on craigslist for 150, and a good amount of people are interested but i feel like im getting ripped off and its valued more. Is that a fair price to ask or not? It has some minor scratches but thats all.

#6 ·
Value is both in the eye of the beholder as it is on the market where you sell this.

Selling such a saxophone in the USA might bring 200$ selling it on the ebay with an international scope might bring you more.

Typically, for example, these bring between 300 and 500€ when sold over here in Holland depending on conditions and you might find that some Asian or South American members on SOTTW will be inclined to pay more.

Good luck!

#8 ·
Based on a national CraigsList search the YAS-23 is going from $200obo (Eastern CT) & up.
Another for $250-negotiable (Lafayette, IN).

I would say $300-400 average, but one guy in So. Houston wants $1000 for his!!

$150 would be a great deal & a bit below average, but you can't feel ripped off if you're setting the price.
Do some homework before setting a price.
Otherwise it's $150 for something that's sitting around, & in today's economy, that's not too bad.

#10 ·
Probably depends on where you are and how many there are in your area. They seem to come up where I live once a month and depending on condition usually don't list for more than $500. Except for the one guy who always insists he paid $1800 for his new and wants $900 for it now... Of course it's still available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.