P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: i need some help

Default i need some help

I have a Buffet Crampon BC 1102.NI (1994) and it is an understate to say it needs pretty close to a complete overhaul.The reason for this is because a neo tech strap failed on me. So, what would you value this instrument at knowing these factors.
    Selmer series II Tenor, Runyon Metal Spoiler 11, Ponzol M1 115, Rico Select Jazz 2M.

Distinguished SOTW member/Official SOTW Sister bandmommy's Avatar

Default Re: i need some help

Put up some photos. The guys can't give you a 'value' if they can't see 'condition'.
    Old reed players are like fine wine. They only get better with age. Tom Hagen

Play the Music, not the instrument.

If I had a digital camera I would, but it was a rather good player. Bright tone, with my current pieces. Has a few very small dings, no dents. E flat key gaurd is slightly bent. Low end definitely needs some work,can't identify the reason, but sounds like a leak. Octave key mechanism also needs to be replaced. It needs to to be cleaned up a bit as well since it has been in the closet since it was dropped. I t has if I had to guess about 95% of it's lacquer and a bit of corrosion.
    Selmer series II Tenor, Runyon Metal Spoiler 11, Ponzol M1 115, Rico Select Jazz 2M.

I will get some pictures up when I can talk to my dad.

Do you have a cell with a decent camera? Those would even be better than nothing.
    Are you looking for a price to sell it, or to have it repaired?

A price to sell minus the repair costs.

Ok. Until you can get some pics up you might be able to find something 'similar' that sold on ebay and see what they got for it.
    I know it's not much help right now, but it's something to do while you're waiting...