P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: Advice on selling a tenor Bundy II: Model 102xxxx

Default Advice on selling a tenor Bundy II: Model 102xxxx

I got this horn when I first learned how to play the saxophone. I've had it for several years but I haven't played on it it in about 6 or 7. It needs new pads and could probably use a cleaning and slight refurbishing.

I'm considering selling it to make some extra money because I don't use it anymore and someone might be able to get more out of it than me.

I don't know how to start prepping and what to sell it at in it's current condition. Any advice?

Thanks guys

Default Re: Advice on selling a tenor Bundy II: Model 102xxxx

If you need the full model number at all just let me know, I just need to know if anyone knows the sell prices for a used Bundy II tenor these days.

I'm going to check ebay and see.

Thanks

Forum Contributor 2011 SuperMadHatter's Avatar

I bought a Bundy II alto for my son. Good horn, but unfortunately very common student horn so not much demand for them. It was practically mint and needed no work and I paid $285 after playing it. On ebay altos go for $100-300 depending on condition and work needed. I would not put any work into your tenor, chances are you won't get your money back for it. I would just put it on ebay with a low starting price and see what happens if it is just taking up space or donate it to a school. May get more for tax break on it than selling it.
    You say "Bish-er", I say "Boosh-er", let's call the whole thing off.........

Thanks very much for the help MadHatter! Yeah, I saw the prices you mentioned on ebay. I actually have a couple hookups in the surrounding school system, so maybe I can throw them the horn for their middle school students.