Antigua Winds
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: SOTW new member introductions, 2011 September - December

Default Re: SOTW new member introductions, 2011 September - December

First time post.

Hello.

Mike.

Hello. I've been repairing saxes for about 40 years. Love working on Selmers! Happy to answer technical questions if I can.

Hi everyone! After 3 years of reading posts I finally joined. I'm a retired university sax prof and look forward to joining in.

Hey all! I've spent the last year leeching and soaking in your collective knowledge and I've decided to jump in. I'm a massive gearhead and spend my spare time studying all the latest and greatest horn innovations... which consequently feeds my GAS like crazy. Looking forward to being a part!

Hello my name is Joe North. I am a music education major at SUNY Fredonia. I love to play jazz, funk, ska and classical saxophone along with flute and percussion. I am looking to go into instrument repair when I graduate. I have been playing for 11 years. I am hoping to try to sell a cannonball tenor if anyone is looking for one!

Hey SOTW.
    Just remebered that i never introduced myself. My name is Louis, I'm 17 years old and come from Denmark. I played on and off for 5 years. The last year and a half more intense. I love the forum and learn something new everyday.
    YAS-62 (Purple loge) Link Tone edge 7#
    YTS-275 (Yea, i said it) Link Tone edge 6#

Could someone please advise me how how/where to advertise my PhilBarone almost new soprano for sale on SOTW. Thanks.

Hello, my nane is scrux and I playing a SELMER SERIE II. I play saxophone for 33 years. I'm Portuguese and my inglish is a little limitted.
    I hope answer your questions, or your posts. I think this forum realy interesting and I hope to learn jazz with your tips and advice.

Scrux

Hi there,22, never played an instrument besides grade 2 piano since I was 10. Thinking of starting with the Tenor sax ,because I think the sound suites me better than an alto. I like smooth jazz.

Default Re : SOTW new member introductions, 2011 September - December

Hello, I'm a French tenor saxophone and clarinet player. I play a tenor saxophone Strata-Gee and a clarinet Armstrong with Vandoren mouthpieces, ligatures and reeds. I'm not a professional musician!

hi i'm a freshman in high school, this will be my third year playing alto sax - i'm in both concert and jazz. i've been lurking/reading this site for about a year, finally decided to (wo)man up and make an account for myself! i'm using a rental instrument from the school, still saving up to buy my own sax LOL.

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm Isaac Rosser and i've been playing sax now for 12 years and living music for 24! I'm enthusiastic about sound and anyone's ability to mold it, identify with it, bond with it, inspire others and be inspired from it! As of now, i'm transitioning from a service band to the collegiate scene & maybe get my foot in the door playing gigs along the way. Currently I'm playing on a Phil Barone Vintage Tenor Vintage Bare Brass. I was using his HR 8 mouthpiece up until 3 weeks ago when it "mysteriously walked off". So i've gone with a JodyJazz HR 8* since then. Phil got me hooked on RicoSelect. Still experimenting between Filed/Unfiled and 2S to 3S. I've found the harder reeds like 4H produce a very centered tone. However, I don't have the embouchure strength yet to mold the sound in a live setting. If you get the chance you really should check out Phil's equipment. When I tried his pieces, the Hollywood 7* and a prototype Super NY, the tone was lightyears beyond anything I've heard. That's including sounds coming from the top horn players on the scene now. I placed my order for the pieces then and I'll be sure to post about the search for "that sound" when they arrive. But keep in mind thats just one opinion from a guy who's nobody special in the musical world. Still, check out Phil's gear, you won't be disappointed. Living/gigging situation is T.B.A. in the coming months. Peace Out Y'all. Isaac.

Hello!
    I am a french jazz sax player and educator. I've been playing sax since about 25 years.
    I play a Soprano Yanagisawa 880 with a gorgeous Missing Link SopranoPlanet (thanks again, Joe!) and a Tenor Conn Lady Face with a Link Florida no usa 8*.
    Sorry for my bad english, i hope my jazz vocabulary is better!

Hello Everyone! My name is Anna. I am 15 and have been playing alto sax for 5 years. I've also picked up soprano and tenor sax (each for two years). My alto is a Yamaha with an S80 C* mouthpiece, and I will be upgrading soon. I'm looking forward to pecking brains. lol

Quote Originally Posted by soppy View Post
    Could someone please advise me how how/where to advertise my PhilBarone almost new soprano for sale on SOTW. Thanks.
    First please read the Marketplace Rules.

Then place the ad as a new thread in the arrpriate department in Horns for Sale. In this case: http://forum.saxontheweb.net/forumdi...?24-Saxophones

I hope this helps,

Hello, my name is Richard. I'm a college musician from California. I've been playing for about 14 years, and i'm primarily a Bari player. Glad to be a part of the form.

Hello everyone. I'm Michael, a junior at Indiana University majoring in criminal justice (possible minor in music). I've been playing alto for 10 years now, soprano for 5. I'm hoping to help others and find some assistance of my own when needed.

Hello im tom. I live in australia. I was originally a guitarist who picked up the alto sax in year 7. I have been playing for five years now and love to improvise. I am always looking to get better at playing more styles. I wish to get a tenor at some point.

Hi all! I am Ray from Hong Kong, learn Saxophone for about one and a half year. Nice to be here! Nice to met you!

Many things to struggle, the mouth muscle strength, the air flow, the volumn, the fingers, even posture! But it is fun!

I am using a China made Sax with a few different Rico moth pieces, Rico reeds...

greetings from the south coast of england.

I,m 54 and just picked up the tenor saxophone after playing guitar in a rockabilly trio .. am still playing but as a duo and in just a couple of local pubs.. I borrowed a sax from my brother and, much to my suprise, managed to get a note out of it .. so for a few weeks now I have been learning some scales and playing simple tunes to get my fingers to work as I read the notes ..my first tune ? happy birthday .. followed by smile and american patrol .. I realy love vintage jump blues and big band swing .. not sure that I,ll get to gigging with it but I,m certainly enjoying it immensly.. should have done it years ago .. loads of good stuff on this site.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast