Antigua Winds
AW Reeds
    Discombobulated SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2014

Default Green Mill Chicago Sunday Afternoons

One of Chicago's venerable jazz clubs is well-known for presenting jazz music 7 nights. Once a month for the past 10 years, the Chicago Jazz Composers Collective has presented Sunday afternoon concerts there, two sets from 2-4. It's mostly performers few have heard of, but (almost) uniformly well worth hearing. Although alcohol is served, there's some quirk in the law that allows minors to attend with an adult on Sunday afternoons (same thing at the Jazz Showcase Sunday matinees), so you can bring your kids if you want. I take my young daughter, and she mostly likes to goof in the back but I'm hoping some of the music is sinking in while she plays. It's usually not very full, so the atmosphere is relaxed. You can check out their schedule on the Green Mill calendar at http://www.greenmilljazz.com/phpBB2/...2583b1e9fa6c12, though I see the next scheduled gig September 25 isn't listed yet. You can also get on a mailing list to receive concert announcements, PM me for an email contact for that if interested.

Discombobulated SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2014

Default Re: Green Mill Chicago Sunday Afternoons

If anyone is in the neighborhood, stop in! For some reason, Jeff Coffin is sitting at the bar five feet from my daughter and me. Oh, and a really great-sounding unknown sax bass drums trio called Laurenzi-Ernst-Green is playing. Hats off to the music we have not yet heard!

By the way - Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA is some really sweet beer, literally - I did not realize I was ordering dessert!