Sax on the Web Forum banner

Favorite Gerry Mulligan recording(s)

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  gwysham 
#1 ·
Hey all-
Since I've got this new jones for listening to bari, and I'm focusing on Gerry Mulligan in particular, I'm wondering what your top 2 or 3 Mulligan CDs would be. I've got an iTunes gift card burning a hole in my pocket, I've already got "The Best of Gerry Mulligan Quartet with Chet Baker" and "What is There to Say?", and I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. Go!

#5 ·
That's funny 35TangoTango, according to a listener review at the iTunes Store, it's t'other way around; Getz on bari and Mulligan on tenor on side 1, then back to normal on side 2. That reviewer speaks from LP experience. Hmm.

#6 ·
His sextet recordings with bob brookmeyer, zoot sims and john eardley. I finally found all their recordings. Western reunion is by far the best and I don't just say that because it's recorded in the netherlands^^

#10 ·
Currently grooving to Village Vanguard and have dl'd Getz Meets Mulligan and Two of a Mind. Thanks, all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.