P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: FS Henri Selmer Paris Vintage LOUIS ARMSTRONG SPECIAL Silver Trumpet

Forum Contributor 2012

Default FS Henri Selmer Paris Vintage LOUIS ARMSTRONG SPECIAL Silver Trumpet

What a find!
    A Louis Armstrong Special model Henri Selmer Paris Trumpet, with original marked case and mouthpiece!
    The trumpet has been loved by just the one owner before me, and I have never even played it as such (I can't play trumpet).
    The valves and slides are all perfectly smooth.
    On the centre valve casing, it is engraved "Balanced by Louis Armstrong".
    The bell is marked with a number of things, Henri Selmer Grands Prix 1927 Barcelona etc.

Pics are here:
    http://s607.photobucket.com/albums/t...ong%20Trumpet/

There is only one small ding close to the bell (easily repaired), otherwise this trumpet is in immaculate condition.

Recently a similar horn went for 1925 on eBay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-SELMER-LOUI...6#ht_500wt_949

You can have this beautiful trumpet with the original Selmer accessories (Marked case which has number code locks and Selmer mouthpiece in immaculate condition) for 1800$ shipped.

Contact me if you need more pics, I'm planning to take some more anyway.

Default Re: FS Henri Selmer Paris Vintage LOUIS ARMSTRONG SPECIAL Silver Trumpet

hi Shirish, this looks like a nice trumpet,however your pictures are not very good.... if you want a high price for an instrument,take it up to your roof in the sunlight and then take your photographs
    SML Revision D Tenor Otto Link Slant Sig 7* Brillhart HR Sakshama Lost Wax Guardala MBII in sterling silver Theo Wanne Wood Ambika 7* Strathon 7* Stan Getz Legend 7*
    R&C curvy soprano Wanne Gaia 8 soprano mouthpiece

Forum Contributor 2012

Default Re: FS Henri Selmer Paris Vintage LOUIS ARMSTRONG SPECIAL Silver Trumpet

37 detailed photos of each and every angle, aspect and part of this beautiful collectible trumpet have just been uploaded. Almost every removable part is marked with the same Henri Selmer insignia. I guarantee the plating to be 98% with the only wear being on the centre slide. I also guarantee every single part to be original.

Engraved on the bell is:

Grands Prix:
    Geneve 1927
    Barcelone 1929
    Liege 1930.

This is obviously a wicked instrument.

The serial number is a super low 691. If I were to hide the last three digits, that would be XXX :-P

I just noticed a tiny scratch repair on the inside of the bell (pictured along with the miniscule ding on the bell joint). Should be easily buffed out.

Bb MB LP engraved on the mpc receiver. I have no clue what MB is.

This should on a trumpet forum, but since I would be a stranger there, here it is.

Distinguished SOTW Member.

Medium bore - low pitch?

Forum Contributor 2012

Low pitch I knew... You're probably right about MB!

Forum Contributor 2012

Still available. This instrument is 90 years old, and in exceptional condition for that age. HIGHLY collectible, AND playable.

Nice horn. Based on the Music Trader's serial number list it was made in 1933, the first year this model was released. You should list it on the Trumpet Herald site:
    http://www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php

Forum Contributor 2012

Ah.. So I was looking at saxophone serial numbers then. I thought the serial number chart applied to all instruments! Thanks for the tip, mate.
    And so the trumpet just got 12 years younger. Still a very desirable 78 year old :-P

Forum Contributor 2012

Spoken for.
    Thanks for the tip, Chilly Zee!

Great, glad it worked out.