Antigua Winds
AW Reeds
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Contributor 2011 Steve Stockham's Avatar

Default Re: Everything Saxophone: Altissimo Crash Course: Beginner Through Advanced

This is great! Thank you for posting this!

Forum Contributor 2013 SeanZ123's Avatar

Default Re: Everything Saxophone: Altissimo Crash Course: Beginner Through Advanced

This is good stuff. Had some time to browse and came across this. Very nice.
    Jazz is a mental attitude rather than a style. It uses a certain process of the mind expressed spontaneously through some musical instrument. I'm concerned with retaining that process.

— Bill Evans

I had to make an account just to thank you for this! Thanks! I just started learning after about 4 years on the horn and could use any help I can find.

I'm really glad people are finding this helpful!
    New Book - A Complete Approach to Overtones: Vivid Sound and Extended Range - Learn more here. Get it on Amazon or get it as a digital Ebook.
    www.everythingsaxophone.blogspot.com - blog on sax technique, jazz improvisation, and reviews.

My wife and child leave Monday to go to England to visit family and friends for two solid weeks, leaving me in an empty house except for the dog and my new tenor... perfect opportunity to start to get this essential skill moving in the right direction! Thanks Ben- you are a gentleman and a scholar. Spare a thought for the poor dog!
    "I didn't ask my mother to buy me a trumpet or a violin. I started right on the water hose. My uncle used to come over to the house and play on the piano, and I'd get a water hose and play the melody with him..." Rahsaan Roland Kirk

This should be a sticky thread. Seriously.

So much good info that could instantly answer so many questions I see posted

Thanks Bright Moments and good luck. Here are some other more recent posts that also will help with the quest for altissimo, overtones, and tone production.

http://everythingsaxophone.blogspot....saxophone.html
    http://everythingsaxophone.blogspot....-exercise.html
    New Book - A Complete Approach to Overtones: Vivid Sound and Extended Range - Learn more here. Get it on Amazon or get it as a digital Ebook.
    www.everythingsaxophone.blogspot.com - blog on sax technique, jazz improvisation, and reviews.

Cool, will check it out. These exercises plus my old nemesis Jerry Coker (Elements of the Jazz Language) should keep me out of trouble! Thanks again.
    "I didn't ask my mother to buy me a trumpet or a violin. I started right on the water hose. My uncle used to come over to the house and play on the piano, and I'd get a water hose and play the melody with him..." Rahsaan Roland Kirk

Just checked out your website Ben and listened to a few clips. YOU ARE A MONSTER PLAYER! Wow what a great modern sound; in the tradition, in the pocket but definitely original and just you. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with this old hack. And I like your advice in the interview with Don Orenstein- never give up!

Thanks, man. I really appreciate that.

Forum Contributor 2011 Steve Stockham's Avatar

This thread needs to have it's own link in the resources section or something so new players can find it! This stuff is solid gold!!

Great thread!!

Anyone know of a fingering for B on a mark V1 alto. my normal fingering is always sharp I use palm D B/A F/E/D. I realise different brands require slightly different fingerings. In addition you always need the ability to move easily to you next note weather going up higher or coming back down.

Andrew

Forum Contributor 2012 jschenemann's Avatar

Very surprised this isn't stickied, great write up! Can't wait to get home and play now!

Jess

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12