Antigua Winds
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I was scammed

Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and 2014 Forum Contributor maddenma's Avatar
    Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY, USA, Earth, Orion's Arm, Milky Way, Virgo Super Cluster, Known Universe

Default Re: I was scammed

Quote Originally Posted by Cepages View Post
    I have been given very good advice and thanks to all for the empathy. I have notified the seller of the most recent evaluation of the horn by my techs. if you are interested and / or bored - the following is what I sent him:

OK David.

My tech showed me where half the horn was a re-solder. The whole upper stack plus. Including the thumb rest; palm keys etc. Also, the body octave tube was cracked “half way around” which was why I couldn’t get the horn to play. And the octave tube was also a re-solder.

My tech said it was a decent re-solder, for the most part. But that the octave tube was soldered well – I suspect he was not into dissing other techs.

His associate tech confirmed all of what he showed me.

Yes you did offer to send me names of other interested parties – but then I would have been complicit to deceit. You offered, as a last resort, to take it back. But, at that time, I thought I was dealing with just cosmetic issues. This is a whole different and greater issue of seller deception and lies.

Now I am convinced that this is the horn run over by your neighbor.

By the way, I put about $300 into the horn to replace the bent octave mechanisms and to have the tube re-soldered etc. etc.
    Ok, but what did you ask him to do about it? That appears to be missing.
    1926 Buescher True Tone Series III Gold Plated Soprano -- Morgan Vintage 6
    1936 Buescher Custom Built Bare Brass Baritone -- Strathon 8*
    1938 Buescher Aristocrat "Custom Built" Gold Plated Baritone -- Strathon 8*
    1939 Buescher Aristocrat Silver Plated Series I Alto -- Ishimori Traditional Jazz 7, TW Durga 8
    1947 Buescher 400 B-11 "Top Hat & Cane" Bare Brass Tenor -- TW Durga 8
    1949 Buescher Aristocrat "Big B" Lacquer Alto -- Ishimori Traditional Jazz 7
    1949 Buescher Aristocrat Gold Plated "Big B" Tenor -- TW Durga 8
    1980-something Yamaha YBS-61 Baritone -- Strathon 8*

Nothing works so well in gathering information as a display of ignorance. I've been learning a lot lately.

What do they say in old time westerns: I'm yella, no backbone, a farmer boy......

Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and 2014 Forum Contributor maddenma's Avatar
    Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY, USA, Earth, Orion's Arm, Milky Way, Virgo Super Cluster, Known Universe

I too am a child of the corn. I understand.

Well, you have a nice horn. Hopefully it's been gotten a a reasonable discount after all is said and done.
    1939 Buescher Aristocrat Silver Plated Series I Alto -- Ishimori Traditional Jazz 7, TW Durga 8

Nothing works so well in gathering information as a display of ignorance. I've been learning a lot lately.

i would personally not buy a used horn without seeing it, trying it , whatever. unless buying froma reputable business on the internet, it just seems too much of a gamble. sorry it happened though.

i understand not giving names. it seemd you could get sued if if your telling the truth. if not found guilty, you could still spend more money on lawyers. its not fair but it is real. thats why a lot of employers wont do more than verify employment dates. never an assesment of the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Cepages View Post
    What do they say in old time westerns: I'm yella, no backbone, a farmer boy......
    There is a curious instrument to the right of your saxophone. Pray tell, what does it do?!? External vibrato, perhaps?

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2014

Quote Originally Posted by bruce bailey View Post
    Since he reported the "run over" statement and did not mention it to you when purchasing the horn, I think he should refund ALL of your money including the repair costs. A large cover-up.
    Ban this guy from SOTW!
    Totally agree.
    “If they give you lined paper, write the other way.”
    William Carlos Williams

Maddenma: it's a fan. I use it to cool down my Yamaha 875! (its my gym and music room so the fan is for when i work out)

Default Admin Note

Thread closed by author’s request – Issue resolved.
    Kim
    SOTW Administrator

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234