P Mauriat
Antigua Winds
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We're not all whacked out

Default Re: We're not all whacked out

Quote Originally Posted by Kontra View Post
    My pastor has a saxophone/worship cd we sometimes put on before services. She really wants me to play my sax in services though. It's not that I don't want to, I just don't feel like I'm that good at sax yet. Plus I enjoy working the soundboard.
    There's no way I'd have gotten up there the first time if anybody expected me to sound like a sax cd!! At first it was just blending in with long tones on a chorus, fills here and there and an occasional 8 or 16 bar solo. At the time there was an excellent lead guitar player available weekly. It wasn't until about 6 months later that he became unavailable and by then I was ready to do whatever was needed. Still not sure if I'd be able to do a whole 4 minute number as the main instrument without a lot of preperation though.

What I'm saying in a roundabout way is-------it's quite possible you're more ready than you think and sitting in on rehearsals may be just what you need to 'get over the hump.' Good luck and God bless you.
    Mike

(I'm going to ignore the soundboard remark!!!)

Default Re: We're not all whacked out

OK--I can't even agree with the accordian comment anymore. I was in the Olive Garden mens room yesterday and the piped in music starts on a jazzy/bluesy tune with the accordian as the main instrument. I stayed in the bathroom to hear it all!! I've no idea who it was, but the guy/gal had great articulation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12