Antigua Winds
AW Reeds

Default Alto Sax Fingering Chart

Does anyone know where i can find a website with a fingering chart for alto sax? I really need it im in 6th grade and just started playing it.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/myclam/saxfingering.jpg

This is a chart I refer to from time to time. I'm suprised your teacher just handed you a sax and left you to figure it out on your own.

Sounds very irresponsible to me... seeing as in total, there are 1,124,000,727,777,607,680,000 possible combinations of keys on the sax...

Take a look.. save it on your computer.. but please, don't distribute this link to your friends!
    Jupiter 869SG Artist Series Alto Sax
    "We don’t hide behind nicknames, and will reply to every message that doesn’t question our parentage or sexuality." - Universal Edition, Vienna

Ah! you got that wrong --there are 1,124,000,727,777,607,680,002 possible fingerings on a saxophone.

Come again?

Which two am I missing?
    Jupiter 869SG Artist Series Alto Sax
    "We don’t hide behind nicknames, and will reply to every message that doesn’t question our parentage or sexuality." - Universal Edition, Vienna

Extensive Sax Fingering Charts

http://www.wfg.woodwind.org/sax/

Default Re: Alto Sax Fingering Chart

Im not sure what was that you were looking. But I wondered some time for fingering charts and they all just showed the general saxophones chart. Not the ones that it really sounds.
    Like the "general saxophone" G that you play just your left hand fingers. is in alto Bb, and in Tenor F
    Correct if im wrong but that's how i learned it.
    And all those charts confused me a lot because I was the only one playing sax and i always had start counting how was it "okay they want me to play E.. so i gotta play F#" and now I have just started really learning where comes E and such, not the ones i have to translate all the time. What it is in some saxophone general chart for all saxophones.

Thou I just heard that its important to learn the all-saxophone-chart too because in bigger bands the sax sections uses it.
    Am I right?