Sax on the Web Forum banner

Tempted by A901UL

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Bart 
#1 ·
I just found out that www.saxophones.co.uk have unlacquered Yanagisawa A901, Just wondering did anyone tried this horn. Price is the same for lacquered and unlacquered model. I am very tempted...

PS. I don't have a chance to try any of Yanagisawa horns because there is no dealer here that sells them, so any input is most welcome.
:banghead:

#2 ·
Bart: I know the unlacquered deal is quite popular these days, but I for one, don't get it. Many of us think a horn's finish has little to do with how the horn plays (sounds?). Differences among horns are more likely to be caused by the horn itself and not the finish. The lacquered Yamaha Z alto I recently acquired played better than any other Yamaha I'd tried (and that included lacquered, unlacquered and silver-plated horns).

So, if the price is right for this A901, you may want to consider it regardless of the finish. The A901 is highly regarded. DAVE

#3 ·
Thank You Dave for replay.
Actually I like unlacquered look so for the same price why not get unlacquered one.Browsing through the forum I noticed posts about bad lacquer on Yanagisawa horns, so I was thinking if there is no lacquer then there is nothing to worry about, right??
I would like to purchase decent sax and spare as match money as I can ( I am student, not working,not professional...).
I tried Yamaha yas 62II recently and It was ok, but I missed something in that horn that I can't explain. So I am considering Yanagisawa A901.
Main problem right now is: I never heard sound of any Yanagisawa horn and I don't have the chance to try one (no dealer). It is desperate situation because I am practically forced to purchase from the internet and Buy Cat in the bag, I tried to find a dealer who will give me trial period but then I must pay for saxophone, transport expenses is on me as is the import also.If I don't like it I loose transport and import expenses. I already have problem stretching my budget so it is hard to stretch something what is already streeeeetched.
I don't know what I am going to do at the end!!! Probably I will just relay on Your and other good people opinion. That is that...

Best wishes. Frane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.