Sax on the Web Forum banner

Dolnet soprano ser.no. 62***

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jolle 
#1 ·
I have found a Dolnet soprano sax for sale. I have seen it on one picture this far and it seems to be in really good condition. I don't know if the pads are good but maybe it doesn't matter if the price is low? Maybe it's worth buying it and then send it to the repairman?

What do you think?
Any comments are appreciated.

The price for this Dolnet Soprano, ser.no 62*** is $350

#2 ·
I bought this sax a few days ago, and it's lovely. It's in very good condition and do not need any repair at this moment. It has a great sound, very warm and is very even between the registers.
Off course there are some things I don't like as well. For exampel the extremely flat middle #C and the position of the keys for high d, e, f. I am aslo used to have a strap and this model do not have a strap ring.

The serial number was not a 62xxx but a 52xxx and I got a Dolnet mouthpiece as well. I suppose Dolnet didn't make their own mouthpieces. Anyone here know who did these. I will add a picture later.

#6 ·
I own a Dolnet nickle plated 71xxx series, but I have problems getting my tones right. The lower register sounds great, but in the higher register I have troubles getting the tones exact, especially on the D, D#, E and then again on the A, Bb, B and high C.

My sax is revised by a friend of mine, but I fear there is still something not completely right. Anybody an idea?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.