Antigua Winds
AW Reeds

Default Question about alto neck (Bundy vs Vito)

My daughter's alto is an older Selmer Bundy, however the neck included with it is from a Vito alto (think may be the Leblanc assembled with Yamaha parts).

Anyone familiar enough with those instruments to confirm if there's significant different in overall dimensions or octave vent placement to impact intonation, etc.

I was trying to compare the different octaves using a tuner, and the upper register does have a tendency to play pretty sharp although this isn't totally unusual. The reed I was using wasn't very pitch stable, so I may need to revisit this again with a harder reed.

here's a clip of me playing with it my jazz setup, but again the reed was very pitch sensitive as far as any changes in lip pressure etc. You can hear the pitchiness in spots...haven't been playing any alto for several years (like about 8) just an fyi.
    http://www.soundclick.com/player/sin...&q=hi&newref=1
    Alto: YAS23, Greg Wier NY 6m
    Tenor: Selmer (Elkhart) 164, Saxscape FatCat Proto
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1122869

Default Re: Question about alto neck (Bundy vs Vito)

Quote Originally Posted by fsaxwas9 View Post
    My daughter's alto is an older Selmer Bundy, however the neck included with it is from a Vito alto (think may be the Leblanc assembled with Yamaha parts).

Anyone familiar enough with those instruments to confirm if there's significant different in overall dimensions or octave vent placement to impact intonation, etc.
    I play a Buescher stencil tenor with a Vito (Beaugnier) neck. That's a good combination, with better intonation than an original Bundy neck. But that's for the French Vito neck, not the Vito/VSP. And for tenor.
    Grassi low A bari (1976) Meyer 9M / Martin "The Martin" tenor (1951), OL vintage Tone Edge #7
    Martin "Indiana" alto (1954), Meyer 6M / Buffet Crampon "Continentale" Bb clarinet (1972), Vandoren V360