Sax on the Web Forum banner

Jamming the blues (specifically) around Boston

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JohnGalt 
#1 ·
We have a nice list of jazz jams in Boston area, but what about blues/R&B/rock flavored jams? I'll start (just off the top of my head):
Sundays - Chris Brown at Tommy Doyles (not sure what "pro jam" means. It could be invitation only? Or you just can't suck?), Stones Public House, Ashland(formerly John Stone Inn),
Mondays - Spontaneaous Combustion at Beehive, Boston (jazzy but not too much), Smokin' Joe's BBQ, Brighton.Wednesday - The tavern in Plainville
Thursday - The Next Page in East Weymouth, Acton Jazz Cafe has a strong crowd and relaxed scene.

#2 ·
The Doyles Jam is somewhat of a "they gotta know who you are" thing, which is pretty good.

There's also the Sunday Night and Wednesday Night Jams at the Cantab upstairs with Candy Delgado,

Is The Beehive thing actually happening? I know there is some confusion as I knew some of the house players didn't know what was going on?

If you go to the Next Page in Weymouth then add "Bruce McGrath" to the sign up sheet and watch the leader freak out when he reads it.

There is also the Monday Night Blues Jam at Wally's

Here's the Boston Blues Society page: http://www.bostonblues.com/jams.php which has a lot more stuff that I can't make heads or tails of what's still happening or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.