Antigua Winds
AW Reeds

Lightbulb Unique silver Dolnet baritone saxophone for sale (with low A key)

This baritone was made in the early sixties bij Dolnet for the Paris Cartier designerhouse. Only a very limited number have been made. It's just been revised
    completely and is in perfect order. The body is silver plated and the rest is chromed.

This saxophone has a very unique and full sound and it's both a pleasure for the ears as well as for the eyes.

Also this silver lady has a Low A key

We include a case (although this case is not in a very good shape) and if needed we have a metal baritone mouthpiece available (specifications on demand). I'm selling it for a friend who's sadly no longer able to play it.

We think 2900,- euro is a fair price for this beauty, but feel free to make any offer and we'll see.

I'm located in Amsterdam. Sending it anywhere in the world is not a problem as long as we split the costs for sending it 50 - 50.

Best regards

JD

Creator of: www.hellosaxophone.com Editor & Chief @ www.Zero2jazz.com
    Managing director of the Noordi Gras Festival Board member @ aXolot Synergy
    Play what you love, and love what you play!

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar

Default Re: Unique silver Dolnet baritone saxophone for sale (with low A key)

It is a beautiful horn and I wish you all the best in selling it but I hope that you don't mind if I comment on the fact that the name Cartier does't refer to Cartier the jeweller but to Jean Cartier a musical instrument shop in Paris famous for all the woodwinds which they sold, under their own name, as many French Shops did . The instrument is a great looking instrument and , like all Jean Cartier stencils, exactly the same as any other Dolnet. I have sold another low A Dolnet through a Dutch shop. Your horn deserves every Euro that you are asking.

Quote Originally Posted by milandro View Post
    It is a beautiful horn and I wish you all the best in selling it but I hope that you don't mind if I comment on the fact that the name Cartier does't refer to Cartier the jeweller but to Jean Cartier a musical instrument shop in Paris famous for all the woodwinds which they sold, under their own name, as many French Shops did . The instrument is a great looking instrument and , like all Jean Cartier stencils, exactly the same as any other Dolnet. I have sold another low A Dolnet through a Dutch shop. Your horn deserves every Euro that you are asking.
    Hi, thanks for the extra info. Didn't know those details

Geen dank! Succes met het verkopen!

Distinguished SOTW member daigle65's Avatar

Very nice !

Though this thread belongs in the "Horns for Sale" forum and not "New Product Announcements".
    " M'enfin ! " ....Gaston Lagaffe

Quote Originally Posted by daigle65 View Post
    Very nice !

Though this thread belongs in the "Horns for Sale" forum and not "New Product Announcements".
    Sorry. I didn't know this forum had that category Glad it's in the right place now though

Forum Contributor 2014 TomCoffey's Avatar

I have the non-Jean Cartier version of this instrument, in lacquer. Tremendous horn. I have also played another one, a Jean Cartier version in brass, with nickle keys for a two tone effect. Equally superb sound and feel. They really got these right. Good luck with your sale!

Thanks!

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2014

I'm curious. Is the low A touch located below the left-hand thumb like modern horns?

yes, the Dolnet is a modern horn

Quote Originally Posted by soybean View Post
    I'm curious. Is the low A touch located below the left-hand thumb like modern horns?
    Yep it is

Are you interested in trading your horn for a 1960 conn 12m (+ some money)?
    I live in Den Haag, please send me some pictures at stefanofff@gmail.com
    Thanks
    Regards
    Stefano