P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: FS: Jupiter STS-787 tenor sax

Default FS: Jupiter STS-787 tenor sax

I have a Jupiter tenor sax, model STS-787, available. Serial no. 607902, made in Taiwan in 1987. It was the top model then, above the 500 and 600 series saxes - the 800 artist series Jupiters only came out several years later. It is basically a Selmer Mark VI copy. Jupiter saxes today are the most popular saxes from Taiwan.

It has 99% lacquer, only slight lacquer wear on 2 trill keys and 1 palm key, no dents or dings, just a few needle-sized pings, just a few very light scratches, and a little acid bleed at the LH thumb rest and 3 posts. I took the sax to the best tech in Kelowna, BC, Kelly Purdue, for adjustment, and it has only been played on about 2 times right after the setup, and not since. It plays very well with a full sound from top to bottom, and is gig ready. Today it would be regarded as an intermediate level sax but it really can perform as an entry-level pro horn.

The case is in excellent condition. I'm only willing to sell it because I live in Toronto and have 2 tenors here and this tenor is at my mother's condo in Kelowna, and I don't get to play it anymore.

Asking $600 plus shipping at cost from Kelowna, BC.

Default Re: FS: Jupiter STS-787 tenor sax

I will also consider a trade-up to an alto or soprano sax.

Reduced to $575 plus shipping.

Reduced to $550 plus shipping at cost.

Distinguished SOTW Member goodsax's Avatar

PM sent.
    SOP: Antigua Winds SS4290RC; ALTO:Couesnon Monopole Conservatorie; TENOR: Yamaha YTS-61;
    BARI: Vito-Yanagisawa Low A; CLARINET: Noblet Paris; FLUTE: Amadeus by Haynes