Antigua Winds
AW Reeds
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    artnbizcommunity

Default Re: SOTW new member introductions, 2011 January

Hello, my name's Andy and I happy to be part of this great community!
    Cheers,

Andy

New to SOTW

Hi i'm Bauke.
    I don't realy now if this is the right place to introduce myself, so i hope nobody minds if it isn't .
    I have been playing alto sax for a couple of years now but manely without a teacher.
    So i was hoping to maby get some tips on how to improve my playing, and maby some tips about exercises to do.
    And i think im in the right place

Hi everyone, i'm new here and i play the clarinet, bass clarinet, trumpet, and am taking up contra bass clarinet all while being a junior in high school. i decided to join because I've enjoyed reading from this site and learning new things.

Hello, After having stopped playing for about 10-15 years I really wanted to get back to playing the saxophone, last time I played there wasn't this much info around and I really enjoy reading through the various topics (so thank you for this great forum!), I live in the Netherlands and my latest setup was Guardala fatboy MB mouthpiece with Guardala tenor sax, from the period before all the trouble regarding DG. I just picked up an old (original) Guardala BM since I'm looking for a different sound (also tried LB LRII which played really well but I preferred the BM). I will be posting some pictures of my fatboy because I will be looking for a trade for a fatboy BM tenor, since I do like the rich sound of the fatboy. Cheers, Sander

Hi Everybody. My name is Sue and I'm not a player but an afficiando of good horns any of them sax especially. A good sax player gets my chills going. I found this forum because I was looking for information on Michael Antunes the sax player with John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band. I think he is absolutely the best I've heard. There are others that are good but not as smooth as he is. I like most kinds of music except hip/hop, rap and heavy duty opera and what is passing for today's country. I'm glad I found the site and I look forward to learning more about my favorite instrument.

Forum Contributor 2011
    SOTW's pedantic pet rodent

Quote Originally Posted by sueschmitt View Post
    Hi Everybody. My name is Sue and I'm not a player but an afficiando of good horns any of them sax especially.
    Good morning, Sue. Hope you enjoy the site. The saxophone needs enthusiastic listeners, probably much more than it needs players, in fact. So people who truly enjoy listening to the instrument are a very welcome addition to the membership of this forum, I think.
    "The sound of tireless voices is the price we pay for the right to hear the music of our own opinions."

Hello everyone!

I just signed in as a new member. Thanks to this site I just bought a brand new System 54 Superior Powerbell-R tenor and after playing it for just a few days I´m completly in love. Again, thanks to all who rekomended this beautiful instrument and to others who are about to by a new sax, check out System 54!

Hello everyone!

My name is Nate, and I am a public school teacher and saxophonist in Western PA. My most recent saxophone acquisition is a 1953 Conn 12M Bari. This is one of the reasons I've joined SOTW. As with many others, I've noticed that the horn is a bit sharp when played with certain mouthpieces. So far I've tried a Yamaha 5C, Otto Link HR 7*, and a couple of old Brilharts. Surprisingly, the Brilhart seems to work best so far (?!). I mostly play this horn in pit orchestras around the area, and I need a mpc that can blend well, isn't too bright, and (believe it or not) sound kind of like a bassoon when I need it to. Of course, playing in tune is a must, as well. BTW, did I mention that I'm a teacher (and soon to be new father)....so my budget for this mpc is limited.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ndaubenspeck; 03-21-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: repeated word.

Hi. I am Tony Bray. Currently living and playing in Austin, Texas. Great town for music! One of the groups i play for just won "Best Jazz Group 2010" at the Austin Music Awards. (SXSW) The Runner up was also a group that I sometimes play with. Fun times! Glad to find an online community of fellow sax players!

Hi everyone,

I'm recent BMus graduate and just wanted to introduce myself! Cheers

Hi everybody. Been lurking long enough and wanted to go "legit". Glad to be here!

Forum Contributor 2014

Greetings. I picked up the sax again a couple of years ago after a 30 year "temporary" layoff and am trying to get back to something close to playing form. Now, if I can just find that hour or two a day to practice....

test post by admin

Hi, My name is thanasis from the Sunny island of Cyprus.

Thanks and "Hello World", I mean the world of Saxophone. I come back again to Saxophone playing after a 6 year break. After some years of inactivity. My Yamaha YTS-62II Tenor is calling me back from its box. I am planning to buy a soprano for extra portability !!!! And I like sopranos too!!!

You are all wonderful

Thanks
    Thanasis

--- link to chat line triggered spam filter / please don't post that (kcp) ---
    Last edited by kcp; 03-24-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: removed link to chat line that triggered spam filter

Hi I'am Kelly, I' m french and I'm a new member. I love Jazz and I just begin saxophone!

Hello Everyone,

I'm Luke and have been learning Alto Saxophone for about 6 months. I am a bit of a late bloomer to the sax, but after looking around the forum, I hope I can find a lot of information here.

Thankyou

-Luke

Hey everyone,

Finally getting around to introducing myself after having signed up a few weeks ago. About me: Living near Montréal, QC, I am a former semi-pro musician. Took several years off to feed a kayaking addiction while getting married & having kids, now the kids are getting older and I'm getting back in the game. I play soprano/alto/tenor (have played bari on occasion but don't own my own horn) and double on flute, clarinet (badly), keyboards, and I also sing. I play whatever style of music will pay, but my main loves are fusion and R&B.

Cheers, Scott

Hey I'm Ruby and just found this forum, which seems pretty awesome. I'm also trying to find a sax mouthpiece for relatively cheap, as mine was stolen and I'm a broke college kid! It's made all that more sad because my mom actually had gotten it for me a few years back, fairly decent selmer S80 C*, and it was really the best part of my beaten up student-grade ensemble... Any help or suggestions?

Hi,

Hope you don't all mind, but I'm not putting my real name down. I've been learning alto saxophone for just over a year now. Still just getting all the basics learned at lessons before I try doing much more, so I haven't tried playing too much outside of a lesson book. It's likely that I won't be around here often, and will probably just be around when I need some extra help.

As for a little about me, my main interest is in model railroading. My screen name has become rather well known on Model Railroader Magazine's forum, since I like doing a lot of interesting projects that few others would try (I like being creative).

And I think that's about it.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast