Antigua Winds
AW Reeds
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Introducing - CE Winds A2 (Alpha Series II) Saxophones Alto & Tenor! (SNEAK PEAK)

Great looking horns, love that deep gold lacquer and the ice tenor with brass keys. Very hot!

Distinguished SOTW Member CONN-hunter's Avatar

Default Re: Introducing - CE Winds A2 (Alpha Series II) Saxophones Alto & Tenor! (SNEAK PEAK)

I guess a black nickel A2 finish will be fabulous.

Just sent an email about purchasing an alto.

Forum Contributor 2008 markwigginton's Avatar

Hoping to have some videos up by Sunday PM. Ill post the links here in the thread.

My 13 year lod daughter recieved the Tenor Alpha 2 in fire gold for christmas this morning. She has been playing clarinet since she was 9 and Alto since last year. She will be moving to tenor after christmas break. We tried ALOT of horns the last couple of months, selmer, cannonball, yamaha ect. First of all the packing was exceptional, bubble wrapped and wrapped again. The case is beutiful, and strong. The horns keys were shimmed nicley and there eas even a "map" as to where the shims were located. The package included, a gold genesis mouthpiece and ligature, a standard mouthiece and lig, two necks and cleaning utensils. Now, my daughter has only been playing tenor for a couple months on a "Hawk" I purchased on ebay, but we have tried every tenor in the PNW that we could get our hands on. Right out of the box you could tell the quality of the this instrument, my daughter immedialy recognized the action, when she picked it up. She started playing it and almost immediatly recognized the tonal qualities and ease of playing. Her range is easier for her to obtain, and tuning is not an issue. I am a musician, but not a sax player so when we demo'd the other horns I brought my zoom along and recorded horns that included selmer bundy, cannonball zephyr and stone series, as well as yamahas. All I can say is the tone this horn produces is equal to the zephyrs and stone series, IMHO superior to the bundys, and again IMHO superior to the yamahas. Of course time will tell. I've never posted here before but I just wanted to say what a great horn this is and to let CE Winds, and Brian know how pleased both my daughter and I are. Brian was great to work with and answered any questions I had. I will be purchasing an Alto in the spring from them. Thank You, Brian and CE Winds for an exceptional horn at an exceptional price!!!

Hey Joe,

Glad you and your daughter liked the free upgrade to the Fire finish!!! Glad we were able to bless you both for Christmas this year, and it was a pleasure working with you as well.

Peace and Happy New Year!

Brian
    Releasing a New Sound! www.cewinds.com
    CE Winds Featured Artists John Michalak, Carl Cox, Jacin Nagao, Evan Dowling, Mike Smith (UK), Mike Gibilisco, Craig Christman, James Archer, Jeff Frazier, Daniel Klimoski, Jason Thompson, Isaiah Katumwa (Africa)

Quote Originally Posted by markwigginton View Post
    Hoping to have some videos up by Sunday PM. Ill post the links here in the thread.
    We did a quick video with the A2 White Lightning tenor, Pro DV tenor, Selmer SBA tenor, Pro DC tenor.. the clip has no reverb or effects, to better help hear the raw sound of the saxes, played with a Jody Jazz DV 8 piece, Legere reed.

We did video of all the new A2 altos as well but lost all the video during the process, so there will be some alto clips to come as well.

click here for the video clip

Thanks for the videos. To me the new Alpha series II sounds just as good as the SBA! I did blindfold myself when listening to the clip. My vote goes to the Pro DV tenor wich had a more solid core and better focus than any of the other horns. How did the horns respond to the player? The way a horn responds to the players intentions can inspire the player and thats important.

TK Melody Endorser/
    Forum Contributor 2013

The DC model sounds great but I think the SBA is smoother but man they are damn close.

B
    “We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.”
    ~Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by superaction2 View Post
    Thanks for the videos. To me the new Alpha series II sounds just as good as the SBA! I did blindfold myself when listening to the clip. My vote goes to the Pro DV tenor wich had a more solid core and better focus than any of the other horns. How did the horns respond to the player? The way a horn responds to the players intentions can inspire the player and thats important.
    The player in the video actually preferred the DV as well, over the rest. Personally I think the DV sounds the best for me, but I did think the DC sounded the most like the SBA too.

For the price, you can't beat the A2, it is about 1/2 the price of the Pro series, and you can tell a difference when playing them, but again, you're paying a little over $1k for the A2, as compared to around $2k for the Pro Series.. so it really depends on the player's pocket and willingness to invest into the instrument.

The player in the video actually preferred the DC neck on the DV tenor for the best sound for an ensemble, but for solo stuff, he says he likes the DV stock neck.. he said the DC neck does sacrifice just a little of the DV core but makes it up with responsiveness.

How am I supposed to choose which one I want???? They all sound so good. I'm really leaning towards the DV. Now if I could just convince you guys to produce a C Melody as well.....

Mark and Brian - congrats to you and CE on a great looking new line of horns! They are beautiful! Can't wait to see the new sopranos coming in the new line! I know my pal Conn-Hunter is excited about the black nickel horns! Congrats again and best wishes for a prosperous and highly musical 2011!
    Randy
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's no match for me at kick-boxing

Quote Originally Posted by C Mel Mark View Post
    Now if I could just convince you guys to produce a C Melody as well.....
    Maybe someday... we spend alot of time now trying to perfect what we do offer, I can't imagine adding another product to the list... just yet. :-)

Call if you have specific questions on the models, we can usually pinpoint the right model for you. 904.996.9312.

Peace,

Brian
    CE Winds Featured Artists John Michalak, Carl Cox, Jacin Nagao, Evan Dowling, Mike Smith (UK), Mike Gibilisco, Craig Christman, James Archer, Jeff Frazier, Daniel Klimoski, Jason Thompson, Isaiah Katumwa (Africa)

Quote Originally Posted by saxyguy32578 View Post
    Mark and Brian - congrats to you and CE on a great looking new line of horns! They are beautiful! Can't wait to see the new sopranos coming in the new line! I know my pal Conn-Hunter is excited about the black nickel horns! Congrats again and best wishes for a prosperous and highly musical 2011!
    Randy
    Hey Randy!! There you are!!

Hope all is well, if you ever get some time to travel let me know, we would love to have you come down to play some horns for a few days. We are working on the studio in our new offices, so once those are ready then we can get some clips from you.

Happy New Year to you!

Brian

I think I might be interested in an A2 alto. They look really good!

Distinguished SOTW Member CONN-hunter's Avatar

looking and waiting for updates on the A2 series, specially concerning the Curved Soprano.
    I am getting a terrific wonderful time here in Africa playing my only one sax Zephyr alto and I am so keen to play the Soprano and a tenor as well.

a black curved sop A2. it's possible?

Just received my A2 pearl alto, and had to post. It is awesome! Great, big, resonant sound, with tight action and solid intonation. The more I play it, the better it sounds. Doing some Bird and some funk this weekend, and it will easily handle both. Thanks Brian and Mark for your hard work on this series!

Hey CONN-Hunter!

I've got one waiting for you.... should I email you? It should be ready to ship soon, like within the next week or two. A2 Black Nickel Curved. It's the only one I have left in the order we just received, and was holding it for you.

I don't have the pics yet, they were just done this past weekend, but it's beeeeeautiful.

Peace,

Brian
    CE Winds

New Jersey Transplant stuck in California.

Hey Brian,

Please post some pics of the A2 Curvie sopranos when you have them.

Thanks.[Impnt]

We have the pics of the A2 Midnight on our site:

CE Winds A2 Midnight Curved Soprano

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast