Antigua Winds
AW Reeds
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default LC Sax - Lien Cheng Saxophones

This is the continued thread from http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthr...hang-Saxophone

It has a wrong topic name - this is easier to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by milandro View Post
    L.C. seems to have been initiating this process and I wish them much success , it ain't easy, it requires much work, serious investments and plenty of thinking through the minds of good marketeers.
    Thanks Milandro... And yes, it takes a lot of (our) money...work...energy...In 6 weeks I actually drove over 6800 km.

But I personally believe that it doesn't necessarily needs good marketers - actually, what I did, when 2 years ago I contacted the LC factory and asked to distribute THEIR brand, was against all rules of marketing.

In the beginning, they asked me if I didn't want to have my own brand. But I didn't want to do that, I have respect for their history - I mean, read the history! They trained the saxophone-builders of Yamaha... They were the first in Asia to start making saxophones... Everyone wondered what saxophones the former Taiwanese president handed to mister Bill Clinton: well...it was an LC Sax...

Even though the name LC (Lien Cheng) isn't very sexy, I believe in honesty and openness. Several people tried to persuade me into a French or American sounding name…as if saxophone players are stupid enough to fall for that…
    It is a fact: with good marketing and a good brandname, things would speed up…but then, the Chang family would be standing in the shadow again.

Here in Europe – and I think Europe has a high standard for saxophones – people seem to react very positive on LC Sax. Sales are running up and people start putting the horns on a high level next to some well known brands – not because of my good looks - or because they get huge discounts (because they don’t get that) but because they can close theirs eyes, not look and the brand name and just play the horns – and to be honest – isn’t that what it is all about? Playing those things...

Behind LC Sax, there is no huge company with millions of $. There is just the Chang family, me and Juan Martinez, the distributor for US.

I got to know Juan, we share the same vision and first of all: we are saxophoneplayers…well..to be honest, the past year I combined 2 jobs and I didn’t get to play a lot of sax but since a few months I gave up the other job to work fulltime with the LC saxophones so I have more opportunity to pick up those horns – my lungs are crying out for it

Default Re: LC Sax - Lien Cheng Saxophones

www.lcsax.eu is the dutch/english site for Europe
    www.lcsax.us is the US site

Juan and I have the agreement not to ship our horns outside our region

Karel, Its good to see you have come online! I thought that maybe you were too busy selling saxes to check this ! Alright its 5:58 am here in the west coast. I need to get ready for a new day.. Thanks Karel.
    www.AdolpheSax-Cie.com North / South America / Canada
    www.AdolpheSax.be Intl HQ
    www.lcsax.us North / South America / Canada

Quote Originally Posted by juanm View Post
    Karel, Its good to see you have come online! I thought that maybe you were too busy selling saxes to check this ! Alright its 5:58 am here in the west coast. I need to get ready for a new day.. Thanks Karel.
    Héhéh :-) 5:58 am - the horror - the pain!!

Karel,

I tired to google map your address from the eu webpage. OMC – LC SAX Europe
    Brugge – Belgie Could you either pm me or let me know where are you located in Flanders? For anybody coming from east Brussels. Can one try out LC horns where you are located? Thank you.

Hi Karel. We've had an email exchange outside SOTW - thanks for sending me the LC sax product sheets and price list. What are the chances of you setting up a Lien Cheng sax agency in UK so that we can get our hands on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
    What are the chances of you setting up a Lien Cheng sax agency in UK so that we can get our hands on them?
    Hi Peter :-) Well...those chances are high because I'll be trying to contact some stores in the UK.
    So if anyone could advice me some GOOD saxophone/ music stores to contact, let me know and mail me: info@lcsax.eu

I think I am the only sax player in the Phlippines who owns an LC Sax, a curved soprano. Hopefully, LC saxes could land in the local market soon.

Well, the very first client of LC in the '40 was a Philippino saxophonist :-)

thats true! the first was a pilipino

Hello again Karel,

Have you thought of sending an LC sax to Stephen Howard for review? You're probably familiar with his web site, but in case you're not his review section is here:

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk/Reviews/Reviews.htm

Stephen Howard is a hugely respected sax reviewer and has written what must be the difinitive book on saxophone maintenance. His reviews carry a lot of weight with people and it would be very interesting to see what Stephen makes of the LC sax if he accepts the offer to review one.

Just a thought.............
    Peter

Forum Contributor 2014 Smokey613's Avatar

Wish the site worked for me. No go with IE or FF. The main page looks good but once you get about 3 deep it goes bonkers.
    Super 20 Silversonic Tenor 427xxx - Purchased New 1968
    STM Long Body 7* Refaced by Jimmy Jensen with Orange box Rico 2.5

Pasadena California,Los Angeles ,Encino, Hollywood,Glendale,Arcadia,Beverly Hills,San Marino

Hi Juan , I am a pro Sax player/ teacher Bandleader Murray Middleman. ( seeewww.murraymiddleman.com
    I played with Buddy Rich and many others . Currently ,I work with Members of the Conan O'Brien TV Show band and perform with my band / music company Park Avenue West Entertainment..
    . I have been,in touch with Keliy Chiang at Lien Cheng Saxophones in Taiwan .
    . Keliy sent me a U-Tube with the Sax player Anit R. , a great player, who demonstrated the Tenor .
    He played a Unlacqured tenor and a Red Bronze Tenor .. I think the Ublacqured had a little bit more buss to it ,, What do you think ?
    I need a tenor ASAP as my Mark Vi was stolen . I would like to try one of your L.C Saxes soon , if it is possible . I live in South Pasadena CA. by Los Angeles .
    my e-mail is tenorman6115@yahoo.com
    IMy phone is 626-818-2251 o 626-441-2716

Quote Originally Posted by Geminisax6115 View Post
    Hi Juan , I am a pro Sax player/ teacher Bandleader Murray Middleman. ( seeewww.murraymiddleman.com
    I played with Buddy Rich and many others . Currently ,I work with Members of the Conan O'Brien TV Show band and perform with my band / music company Park Avenue West Entertainment..
    . I have been,in touch with Keliy Chiang at Lien Cheng Saxophones in Taiwan .
    . Keliy sent me a U-Tube with the Sax player Anit R. , a great player, who demonstrated the Tenor .
    He played a Unlacqured tenor and a Red Bronze Tenor .. I think the Ublacqured had a little bit more buss to it ,, What do you think ?
    I need a tenor ASAP as my Mark Vi was stolen . I would like to try one of your L.C Saxes soon , if it is possible . I live in South Pasadena CA. by Los Angeles .
    my e-mail is tenorman6115@yahoo.com
    IMy phone is 626-818-2251 o 626-441-2716
    Check your email. I just sent you an email. :-)

sorry for the late update. we will be in NYC this friday the 3rd, 4th, and 5th. I will be taking 2 alto saxes with me. please email us at jmartinez@lcsax.us and at info@lcsax.us . We will be in the financial district a cab ride/ subway ride from anywhere in the city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbxpS2Tw174 the video that was previously mentioned. Anibal Rojas. check him out. Awesome tenor player.

I recently had the chance to test the LC B601 and B602 bari saxes. Very nice players indeed! When you're looking for a new bari, and want to try something apart from the "big four", I would recommend giving the Taiwanese saxes a try as well.
    Grassi low A bari (1976) Meyer 9M / Martin "The Martin" tenor (1951), OL vintage Tone Edge #7
    Martin "Indiana" alto (1954), Meyer 6M / Buffet Crampon "Continentale" Bb clarinet (1972), Vandoren V360

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar

but, did you buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by milandro View Post
    but, did you buy it?
    No, but that was not really my intention either ... Karel knew that upfront.

Simply put, the low end of my vintage Martin blows the LC bari away However, compared to other low A baris that I tried, the LC saxes were not bad at all. Intonation is good, the action is not too springy, and the middle and high register have enough body.
    Grassi low A bari (1976) Meyer 9M / Martin "The Martin" tenor (1951), OL vintage Tone Edge #7
    Martin "Indiana" alto (1954), Meyer 6M / Buffet Crampon "Continentale" Bb clarinet (1972), Vandoren V360

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar

Your Martin, as most American low Bb baritones , are difficult to topple over , they are very much at the pinnacle of the Baritone scale

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast