P Mauriat
Antigua Winds
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where would i be able to find a Gold-plated Buescher New Aristocrat alto saxophone mint condition?

Forum Contributor 2011
    SOTW's pedantic pet rodent

Default Re: Where would i be able to find a Gold-plated Buescher New Aristocrat alto saxophone mint conditio

Quote Originally Posted by bruce bailey View Post
    Your are all getting off topic!!! Everyone knows it is the case that determines the sound.
    It certainly is. All these vintage saxes only sound good because they''re been marinated in a stinky case for about half a century.
    "The sound of tireless voices is the price we pay for the right to hear the music of our own opinions."

Default Re: Where would i be able to find a Gold-plated Buescher New Aristocrat alto saxophone mint conditio

By now you probably already got the message that the gold-plating is not really what will get you the right sound. Anyway, in case you still want one, the gold plated horns look great.

I've got a gold-plated Buescher TT C-melody and a silver-plated one. I love both. The silver-plated gets played most, because it has the better G#key and front F, but I can't make myself sell the gold-plated one. It is sooo good loking...

There was a Alto on e-bay that got no bids. Maybe you can contact the seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190609310816...84.m1438.l2649

Good luck with your search for "the sound".

Ooops,
    I was multitasking here and got mixed up. You want an Aristo, not TT. Please ignore the link to e-bay part of the message above. The rest is still true.

Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian paulwl's Avatar

One of my 2 New Crat altos is a relacquer from silver plate. It's still the best dang sounding alto I ever played!
    Jazz = a man with a $5,000 horn driving a $500 car to a $50 gig.
    Conn, Buescher & Martin Saxes - Selmer & Conn Clarinets - Woodwind, Morgan, Link & Brilhart Mouthpieces - Alexander Reeds

Distinguished SOTW Member Hornlip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulwl View Post
    One of my 2 New Crat altos is a relacquer from silver plate. It's still the best dang sounding alto I ever played!
    Do you mean the plating was stripped off & then it was lacquered? I've got a NA alto sitting away back in the to-be-overhauled heap; brass horn with a lot of missing lacquer and most of the snaps gone. Other than that it's in pretty solid physical shape, but I've wondered whether it started out plated & got stripped. The engraving's sharp, but I get the impression that brass finish horns were still pretty rare when the NA was being produced, so I wonder if it used to be plated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12