Antigua Winds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Website for Chateau Saxophone

My instructor had recommended me Chateau for beginner saxophone.

Does anyone know if they have a official website?

hi

I was wondering whether you purchased the Chateau sax, and what your experience with so far have been.

thanks

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2014

Hi

I have a Chateau soprano and it is working out very well for me. Chateau is made by Tenon Industrial, LTD in Taiwan. Their website is:
    www.music-tenon.com but they do not sell direct. You need to go through a dealer. If you are not sure who the closest dealer is to you there is a link on their website. I have found them to be very responsive. I have owned Antigua's, Cannonball's and LA Sax instruments and would put the Chateau in league with any of the above.
    Mark
    "People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing"
    Florence Foster Jenkins

Hi Mark

Thanks very much for your feedback, I appreciate it

Chateau is the most affordable sax in my local shop, with their alto sax going for around 500$ new. I'd be keener to get a tenor, but I havent got a price on that yet.
    The next pricey budget sax is the jinbao, but I havent had any information about those yet.

Have u had any problems/complaints about your Chateau? Would it be worthwhile to spend the extra for a Jupiter/Blessing?

thanks

Forum Contributor 2014

Wow - if the Alto is going for $ 500, you dont want to know what I paid for my soprano, but it was even less..... What does the dealer have sporanos listed for? I have the TGS-348L
    Honestly, the only issue I have had with it (other than learning soprano) was the octave spring on the curved neck that came with it. Its too loose and doesnt close quickly enough. The straight neck octave key is fine. I will be bringing the whole thing to my tech soon for a go-over.
    As for whether it would be worth it to purchase a Jupiter or some more popular brand, the only advantage I can think of right away is resale value. Other than that, I would say just buy the best instrument that you can afford and if that is a 500 dollar Chateau, you would be doing fine with it.
    Florence Foster Jenkins

hi Mark

The exact price for the Chateau alto $475, but I think I can get a little bit of a discount off that to something around $425 or so ( I hope )

The next best things are in the 800-1000$ price range.

If u think the Chateua will be as trusty a sax as a Jupiter, then I would be very pleased, since it is considerably cheaper.

Thanks, cheers

Forum Contributor 2014

You may want to budget a little extra money to purchase a better mouthpiece. The cheap plastic one that came with my sax was not very good at all. If the store is willing, maybe try a few pieces out on the horn to see what sounds best.
    Good luck with it!! Keep us posted.
    Florence Foster Jenkins

hi

I was actually just reading up on mpc's...the quest for the Getz tone
    Still got a lot to learn about the hardware, let alone the small issue of playing the sax as well

I'm not sure how to go about "demoing" the sax, seeing as I've never played one or know any friends who do. Any common initial sings to look for that spells trouble down the line? I'm at the salesmans mercy on this one, which is not a good place to be...

Maybe there is a section on this in the beginners threads, so apologies if there is.

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by musicmind; 06-16-2006 at 11:49 PM.

Default Chateau Alto/Tenor experiences

Hi everyone

Mark has already given some great input about the Chateau soprano, which made me think it is not a half bad sax.
    Anyone else have any experiences/opinions about the Chateau alto or tenor sax in particular?

From what I see, it does get used and recommened quite a bit as a student sax, so I hope there will be some of you that have tried it.

ps. I cant buy a Kessler sax, in case that was going to be your recommendation.

Many thanks

Distinguished SOTW Member and Champion of the C-Melody csax's Avatar
    Dorset, UK - via Cornwall and the civilised World...

Default Re: Website for Chateau Saxophone

Chateau Sax USA - I think you need to get your website sorted...

The pictures don't show on the 'Woodwind' page, and the 'Schedule/FAQ/How to buy' pages are just a load of junk

Great sound demo's though !
    csax.net website ------ csax on twitter ------ csax on facebook
    Martin, Kohlert & King C tenors / Martin Bb tenor /SG Orpheo alto / Aquilasax C sop & Mirage curvie Bb sop - Lawton, Berg, Couf, Jody Jazz, Meyer mpcs. RR/LaVoz reeds.

Distinguished SOTW Member/ Forum Contributor 2011

Definitely "in progress". The hrefs for all the woodwinds point to "#" instead of a real URL and the schedule page is all "greeked" (fake text to show the layout).
    The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there is no good evidence either way. - Bertrand Russell

Hello Cmelodysax, and awholley, I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently working on our website its suppose to be up soon. Still in progress..

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Chateau SAX USA View Post
    --------------------- deleted -----------------------
    CSUSA,

I got a chance to try out one of your newer saxes at a music store in LA on a recent trip out there. I sometimes like to go to local music stores and check out what they have. Not sure which model it was but it did have rolled tone holes, big bell, and antique finish. Matter of fact it reminded me exactly of the P Mauriat horns such as the 67R. I was actually pretty impressed with the Chateau horn even though I had never heard of this brand before. Do these horns possibly come from the same factory as the PM horns? Also have to agree your website still needs a lot of work. Not a lot of real information or pictures of each model horn. I would suggest better describing your various models.
    Last edited by kcp; 03-10-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: spam removed in quote
    Air Force Retired

TK Melody Endorser/
    Forum Contributor 2013

I bought a Chateau Gold Laq. Tenor slightly used last year and found that it was a very good copy of a Selmer Serie II with a similar resistance and tone.

I thought they were assembled in Vietnam with Taiwanese parts.

B
    “We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.”
    ~Aristotle

I refer to the Chateau Alto - TYL 750LY.
    Appreciate anyone can advise where to find the exact specifications of this model.

Think this is a professional model and not student model?

I'm new to sax. Should I change the mouthpiece from the start?
    Not sure if other mouthpieces are better then the stock one, in terms of tone, easier to create sound?

We sell the intermediate/pro Chateau in the shop I work in. The alto feels like a series II copy, and they play great. I'd put them above many of the "name brand" intermediate horns in terms of build and sound quality. They're pretty impressive actually. I've played about 20-30 of them, and although a few benefitted from some better regulation, they were all impressive from a price/performance standpoint.
    Tenor: Selmer SIII - Phil-Tone Eclipse/RPC .110B Alto: Mark VI - Meyer 7M
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/davefstrong/videos Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/davefstrong

Quote Originally Posted by StrongD View Post
    We sell the intermediate/pro Chateau in the shop I work in. The alto feels like a series II copy, and they play great. I'd put them above many of the "name brand" intermediate horns in terms of build and sound quality. They're pretty impressive actually. I've played about 20-30 of them, and although a few benefitted from some better regulation, they were all impressive from a price/performance standpoint.
    Chateau is apparently currently updating their sax models. They're advertising that the new tenor 800 series is 85% copper ("red brass"); was this also true of the tenor models immediately before, e.g., the VCH-T800L?
    Soprano - 1925 Buescher TT, Satin Silver/Alto - Jupiter Capital Edition (KHS made)
    Tenor - Chateau Red Brass (Selmer Paris Series Copy),
    Tenon Industrial Co., Ltd.
    Baritone - Vienna Red Brass (Selmer SA80II Copy),
    Teon Industrial Co., Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainEd View Post
    Chateau is apparently currently updating their sax models. They're advertising that the new tenor 800 series is 85% copper ("red brass"); was this also true of the tenor models immediately before, e.g., the VCH-T800L?
    I thought the ones we had in until now were above 90 percent copper, but I might be wrong. I've tried lots more, and they all play. Not bad at all for inexpensive horns.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Tenor: Selmer SIII - Phil-Tone Eclipse/RPC .110B Alto: Mark VI - Meyer 7M
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/davefstrong/videos Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/davefstrong

the upper level Jean Baptiste saxophones that Sam Ash sells, are also Chateau/Tenon Indust. horns, and play great for the price. when I worked there, I played many many many of them, and they were all set up pretty well for the most part. only complaint would be somewhat flimsy keywork material. could see these bending out of shape and needing regulation often... for under a G-note though, pretty darn good horns.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongD View Post
    I thought the ones we had in until now were above 90 percent copper, but I might be wrong. I've tried lots more, and they all play. Not bad at all for inexpensive horns.
    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey again, David. So, we don't know for certain if the earlier model VCH-T800L was "red brass"? Have an opportunity to buy one, but wanted to be sure of copper content first; if the T800L doesn't have higher copper, may wait for the VCH-T800LY2 to come in. Thanks!
    Last edited by PlainEd; 05-11-2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: misspelled word
    Soprano - 1925 Buescher TT, Satin Silver/Alto - Jupiter Capital Edition (KHS made)
    Tenor - Chateau Red Brass (Selmer Paris Series Copy),
    Tenon Industrial Co., Ltd.
    Baritone - Vienna Red Brass (Selmer SA80II Copy),
    Teon Industrial Co., Ltd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast