Antigua Winds
AW Reeds

Default I need a Baritone neck for my Buescher Aristocrat I

Hello,
    I need a Baritone neck for my Buescher Aristocrat I...
    How can I find one??
    Thanks
    Yedo

Default Re: I need a Baritone neck for my Buescher Aristocrat I

If I remember correctly, the aristocrat 1 bari has a modern style neck. From the way I see it, you have two choices.
    1. Order one that probably is the perfect measurements from Gloger Handkraft for circa 300 USD
    2. Buy a modern neck style neck and send it to a tech to get the tenon the right size, probably costing you about 200 USD
    Working towards my goal (Dexter Gordon) on Tenor every day with a Tenney STM 6.

Hi, Thanks for the answer but it is not a modern style neck, it has the octave key on it so a Gloger neck would be around 500 USD and it is too much for me....

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar

You are right Yedo, and the neck with octave keys are never easy to find or cheap , someon has either a bunch of them or he is trying to sell always the same one on Ebay but yes it is not cheap.......it should fit your horn
    http://cgi.ebay.com/GORGEOUS-NEW-NEC...#ht_500wt_1154

Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and 2014 Forum Contributor maddenma's Avatar
    Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY, USA, Earth, Orion's Arm, Milky Way, Virgo Super Cluster, Known Universe

A TT, 'Crat 1, Big B, 129 all use the same neck. Same tenon size as the bundy/signet/400 necks, but significantly shorter in overall length.
    1926 Buescher True Tone Series III Gold Plated Soprano -- Morgan Vintage 6
    1936 Buescher Custom Built Bare Brass Baritone -- Strathon 8*
    1938 Buescher Aristocrat "Custom Built" Gold Plated Baritone -- Strathon 8*
    1939 Buescher Aristocrat Silver Plated Series I Alto -- Ishimori Traditional Jazz 7, TW Durga 8
    1947 Buescher 400 B-11 "Top Hat & Cane" Bare Brass Tenor -- TW Durga 8
    1949 Buescher Aristocrat "Big B" Lacquer Alto -- Ishimori Traditional Jazz 7
    1949 Buescher Aristocrat Gold Plated "Big B" Tenor -- TW Durga 8
    1980-something Yamaha YBS-61 Baritone -- Strathon 8*

Nothing works so well in gathering information as a display of ignorance. I've been learning a lot lately.

Quote Originally Posted by milandro View Post
    You are right Yedo, and the neck with octave keys are never easy to find or cheap , someon has either a bunch of them or he is trying to sell always the same one on Ebay but yes it is not cheap.......it should fit your horn
    http://cgi.ebay.com/GORGEOUS-NEW-NEC...#ht_500wt_1154
    Thanks for the answer, I already check it out and the seller said it would not fit my Bari and also the octave key is quite closer to the mouthpiece than a buescher old neck...I think it might have a bad influence on the tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by maddenma View Post
    A TT, 'Crat 1, Big B, 129 all use the same neck. Same tenon size as the bundy/signet/400 necks, but significantly shorter in overall length.
    I will look into these ones too,
    Thanks

If you are still in need of this Neck I may be able to help you out as I have made some copies for the Aristocrat Baritone sax
    You can contact me on Blazersatelier.nl (Inderdaad in Tilburg, niet eens zover weg).

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru milandro's Avatar

I have been recommending this shop in the past especially to those who were looking for Martin necks

So, I've tried many necks,2 glockers made for that Baritone, a original Buescher true tone that looks exactly the same as mine and nothing was sounding any better than mine, the guy from Blazersatelier.nl was very nice on the phone and I almost went there but after trying all this necks and my one with all this dents sounded better I just stopped to look around and stayed happy with my ugly beast and my money on my pocket. (I love when this happen!!!!)
    Thank you all for the nice tips
    Yedo
    And here a little clip of my happy bari
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYqSlbq-8RU

Is this the neck you were looking for ...?? I might just look for a horn to fit .. easier than finding a neck ? http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthr...ne-neck-FS-WTB
    http://ecommons.net/~frax/sax/ old website up for renewal
    http://fraser-sax.blogspot.ca/ NEWS from the Rescue Sax Workshop
    416 994 7110 --- leave a text or voice message I will call you back at my expense, no problem !

Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and 2014 Forum Contributor maddenma's Avatar
    Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY, USA, Earth, Orion's Arm, Milky Way, Virgo Super Cluster, Known Universe

No. It doesn't have an octave key on it.
    1926 Buescher True Tone Series III Gold Plated Soprano -- Morgan Vintage 6
    1936 Buescher Custom Built Bare Brass Baritone -- Strathon 8*
    1938 Buescher Aristocrat "Custom Built" Gold Plated Baritone -- Strathon 8*
    1939 Buescher Aristocrat Silver Plated Series I Alto -- Ishimori Traditional Jazz 7, TW Durga 8
    1947 Buescher 400 B-11 "Top Hat & Cane" Bare Brass Tenor -- TW Durga 8
    1949 Buescher Aristocrat "Big B" Lacquer Alto -- Ishimori Traditional Jazz 7
    1949 Buescher Aristocrat Gold Plated "Big B" Tenor -- TW Durga 8
    1980-something Yamaha YBS-61 Baritone -- Strathon 8*

Nothing works so well in gathering information as a display of ignorance. I've been learning a lot lately.