Antigua Winds
AW Reeds

Default Rousseau NC4 vs Hite Artist vs Vandoren Optimum AL3 alto mpc for legit playing??

Does anyone have experience with all of these mouthpieces? I've ordered them on the mouthpiece trial program from wwbw. I'd be very interested in opinions and reed types and strengths.
    Yamaha 82Z SM Silver Shot Blast #43 of 50, Vandoren Optimum AL3
    1929 Silver-plated Buescher True Tone alto, Caravan L
    The older I get, the more I appreciate kindness.

Default Re: Rousseau NC4 vs Hite Artist vs Vandoren Optimum AL3 alto mpc for legit playing??

Of course reed strength is a personal issue, but I played on an AL3 for a few years and started on Vandoren Classique (Blue Box) size 3. However, I found them just a bit too soft and ended up using 3 1/2's, on which I believe I got much better results. I know a lot of people playing AL3's and they seem to be either using the 3s or 3.5s.
    Good luck

Default Re: Rousseau NC4 vs Hite Artist vs Vandoren Optimum AL3 alto mpc for legit playing??

No C*?

The Hite Artist is a good mpc. I used one for years. However it is more of a general purpose piece in the same vein as a Meyer 5 (though slimmer like the Morgan Excalibur.) For 'serious" legit work I would suggest something else.