Sax on the Web Forum banner

Rob McConnell

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Souportwenty 
#1 ·
I just heard that the great Canadian composer/arranger and trombonist Rob McConnell passed away yesterday at the age of 75.

#4 ·
Oh man , I live in Toronto and have seen Rob's band many many times in the past. One of my teachers Alex Dean played tenor
in the Boss Brass as did many great great players. I hadn't heard this sad news till now. He was a major contributer to the
Jazz scene here in Canada and internationally for many years.

#7 ·
I just heard that the great Canadian composer/arranger and trombonist Rob McConnell passed away yesterday at the age of 75.

Very sad news indeed.

Rob had a reputation for being a hard taskmaster, but my experiences working with him were very enjoyable.

It's also worth noting that Eugene Amaro, the flute soloist in that clip just passed away in the past couple of weeks as well.

#8 ·
Rob certainly had a kick a** band for many years. Great arrangements and fine players. We were spoiled a bit here in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada as Rob lived here for a while and performed for us a many occasions. He will be missed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.