Sax on the Web Forum banner

what did I do--the answer

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  swingmanstan 
#1 ·
I am not a tech or a professional player but I do have my opiinions, so here goes. What did I do? I found a company that honestly tries to present their products as they are. They are honest and very helpful and will take the time to work with you and your need , questions and concerns. I received personally a response to my "fears" about the alpha horn from Mark . He spent alot of time explain and giving me the history of their company and of the people who make their horns. I am not saying other companies wouldnt do that, I just saying what CE Winds did do. It greatly eased by concerns about the horn.
They have done exactly what their web page said in that they provide great service to their customers. He even went into the reasons and concepts for starting this company. Excellent.
The horn itself is awesome. I can only compare it to my Martin but really there is no comparison. It is built solid. It came well packaged. It played great from the first note. My son ask me if I was going to keep it or send it back and my answer was the only place this horn is going is into my mouth. Everyone who has seen it has been impressed with the construction and the sound. This include my students at school and the worship minister at my church where I will be playing the horn.
Now he has "perfect" pitch and when he listened to me play he just smiled. ( not because my playing is that good but the horn is)
For me the horn has an awesome core . It plays evenly from top to bottom. The intonation is really good. It projects well. It seems to be mp friendly. ( of course now I have to play all my mp and reed combinations). The key work is way faster than I can play it. Last night as I was playing it I just thought to myself " what a beautiful sound " . It made me sound better than I am.
I know this is like not really a technical review, but it comes from the heart and I just feel blessed to have found their web site and to have a horn that is better than any I have ever had.
So if there are others out there like me who are dubious about the alpha series horns. Relax. You can pm me if you want and Ill try to answer your questions as best I can.
CE Winds say about 30% of their customers are returning ones. I see why. Maybe like me they bought the alpha and when they discovered how good they were they traded up to the pro level. Because if the "student/intermediate level is this good the pro level must be killers.
I have played sax off and of for 45 years and last night I played on a horn that could be used by anyone. I am just thankful
I have been given the chance with the time I have left to play such a nice horn , that comes from such nice people.
I would like to publicly thank the folks at CE Winds for providing such nice horns at such an affordable price for people like me
to play THANKS.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have the same horn and the same experience. My horn is over a year old now and I am about to take it to my tech to make sure all is well and have everything checked. I cannot see or feel anything, but it's time for a check up as I play in four bands on and off throughout the year.I work this horn every day for either practise or performance. I don't feel the need to buy a "step up" because frankly, this one does the job fine and everyone that hears the sound tells me that the horn has a great sound. maybe a couple more years I will feel the need for something different, but for now......SUAP I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.