Sax on the Web Forum banner

One random fact about yourself

92K views 336 replies 163 participants last post by  TurtleJimmy 
#1 ·
Thought I'd post this topic for fun. It should reveal interesting attributes of people who frequent this forum.

Post one random fact about yourself. It can something trivial or something important. Anything you feel like sharing. Doesn't necessarily have to be related to music.

So here I go -

I can mimic almost anybody - voice, gait, mannerisms, quirks etc perfectly within 15 minutes of meeting that person. So if any of you meet me, watch out! :badgrin:

#334 ·
Must have been a great day! :mrgreen:

My mother spent the better part of a summer one year tracing our family heritage. Her findings? If I were a dog, I'd be the weirdly-shaped beast whose parentage is so mixed-up that the shelter workers fill in the "breed" blank on my record with "furry." That's always made me feel like a bit of an outsider, since here in Los Angeles practically everyone is within at least a generation or two of being from someplace else, and has the cool ethnic traditions to go with it. But I decided a few years ago that since I'm, well...a bit of everything, I should be entitled to take part in ALL the traditions.

So, if there's a holiday, I'm THERE, especially those that involve food...

#335 ·
At age 2 I was The Reading Baby. The neighbor kids would pull me around in a Radio Flyer wagon and I would read traffic signs for passers-by. I think I was paid in cookies. Thus began my life in show business...

#337 ·
I photographed fireworks through a telescope on the first 4th of July after 911, and NASA picked up one of my shots to run on their "Astronomy Picture of the Day" feature (August 9, 2002).

Here's the photo:

I got a few emails from NASA scientists about the photo ... it was pretty cool!

Turtle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.