Sax on the Web Forum banner

One random fact about yourself

92K views 336 replies 163 participants last post by  TurtleJimmy 
#1 ·
Thought I'd post this topic for fun. It should reveal interesting attributes of people who frequent this forum.

Post one random fact about yourself. It can something trivial or something important. Anything you feel like sharing. Doesn't necessarily have to be related to music.

So here I go -

I can mimic almost anybody - voice, gait, mannerisms, quirks etc perfectly within 15 minutes of meeting that person. So if any of you meet me, watch out! :badgrin:

#295 ·
Good one! I've done that many times with a pen I couldn't find because it was stuck above my ear. Or with my glasses which were pushed up on top of my heard. DUH! But I never had it in my hand!:shock:

The group was the Lexington (MA) Bicentenial Band.
Was the concert at the band shell on the lawn at Mass Ave and Worthen Rd?

#296 · (Edited)
Re: One random fact about yourself, or, What I learned today...

Today I was carrying a bag of groceries in one hand and a jug of milk in the other from the supermarket to my car, and when I tried to unlock the door with the remote, the jug slipped and fell in the parking lot, breaking and spilling half of it. I didn't cry, because you know what they say about spilled milk.... :(
And, you know what else they say....Every cloud has a silver lining? Well, I'm having a good lol about it now, so you gotta hand it to them, they know what they're talking about! :bluewink:

#299 ·
Winter of 1965-66 following a concert at IUP, Stan Getz, obviously "feeling no pain" having just played some gorgeous stuff with the Quartet asked me to carry his case out to his rental car. Gary Burton asked for directions to the Pittsburgh airport through the increasingly dismal overcast winter night. I can now honestly say that I do have sufficient ability to carry Stan Getz's horn and also that I assisted him through a foggy portion of his career.

#303 ·
The better I get at music, the worse I seem to get at everything else. I don't if it's early on-set Alzheimer's or just my inner musician coming out. But I'm beginning to think that the two are the same thing. :bluewink:

#307 ·
1..i still have the empty sandoz vial from my first trip (sobriety date,01-27-88 )
2..i can't follow directions or spell well
3..lionel hampton's 1947 recording of stardust turned me on to jazz
4..i shared a trough urinal with buckminster fuller
5..i'm a crappy sax player
6..i read this entire thread

#308 ·
Ok I have both a photographic memory and Perfect pitch along with being a chess master . Also i am a computer engineer a former biochemist and play piano , flute clarinet all the recorders and saxophone . I also consult for both NBC and Apple Inc. Thank you for listening ! Not that it makes any difference I am a south paw too lol !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.