Sax on the Web Forum banner

One random fact about yourself

91K views 336 replies 163 participants last post by  TurtleJimmy 
#1 ·
Thought I'd post this topic for fun. It should reveal interesting attributes of people who frequent this forum.

Post one random fact about yourself. It can something trivial or something important. Anything you feel like sharing. Doesn't necessarily have to be related to music.

So here I go -

I can mimic almost anybody - voice, gait, mannerisms, quirks etc perfectly within 15 minutes of meeting that person. So if any of you meet me, watch out! :badgrin:

#192 ·
Perhaps you were Marie Antoinette in a previous life. Do you find yourself speaking French in your dreams?

#196 ·
Man that must be awful...they could serve you any old sh;t and you won't know the difference...in fact they could serve you actual sh;t and it will taste just as good as anything else. Then again, you must save a fortune on food, so it isn't all bad I guess.

#200 ·
I was a girl scout. And got lost in the middle of nowhere in Norway (in the woods) with the group I was responsible for. Had to be cool, but it took me til 4 a. m. to find some kind of human life again. An old Norwegian without other language skills than ... (guess what). That guy was really nice and actually made a soup for us.

#205 ·
I worked in a clinic that dispensed Methadone and also conducted Synanon type encounter groups for addicts. You do not want to get involved with heroin.

Congratulations, Benjamin. Don't do it again. :headbang:

#206 ·
just to lower the tone slightly...

on my 9th birthday my father took me to the zoo:
at the end of a great day we were near the rhino enclosure & one started to pee:
it was like a firehose, I got soaked, it really stank and on the train back home no-one would sit near me

#212 ·
Benjamin - thanks for telling your recovery story. It's the most important thing you can do. For the others, if you're an addict you don't get high, you just keep from being sick. Good luck with the search for the Martin tenor. I wish you the best.

#213 ·
way to go, ben!

sometimes reality aint that great, but the alternative is just a deception that leads to a worse place. preaching to the choir, eh?
and there IS a person that is willing/able to help. i found that out, too. somewhat similar but without 12 steps.

jrvinson45, don't undervalue the ability to kick cigarettes. that is one of the hardest things, i found, to conqure and i smoked only 2yrs. and remember they kill more people than all the illegal drugs combined.

#215 ·
way to go, ben!

sometimes reality aint that great, but the alternative is just a deception that leads to a worse place. preaching to the choir, eh?
and there IS a person that is willing/able to help. i found that out, too. somewhat similar but without 12 steps.

jrvinson45, don't undervalue the ability to kick cigarettes. that is one of the hardest things, i found, to conqure and i smoked only 2yrs. and remember they kill more people than all the illegal drugs combined.
Thanks ten man. Both the dumbest and smartest things I've done in my life revolve around cigarettes.

#216 ·
I smoked one to two packs a day (including cigars) for about ten years and kicked the habit. I've been 100% smoke free for about eleven years now, it CAN be done.
Amazing that I still have dreams about smoking to this day however. VERY addictive stuff that nicotine.

#226 ·
When I lived in San Francisco years ago I started going with a woman who had a phobia of spiders. Before she could get in or on a bed she had to pull down all the bedding and carefully inspect every square inch of sheet, pillow case and blanket to make sure there weren't any lurking there. It was kind of novel for a week or so, but beating the bushes for phantom spiders every time before we could get it on kind of killed it for me, so that was that.

#230 ·
My stupid keyboard doesn't have that squiggly thing to put on top of the N in espanol:(
On a Mac, it's option n then press n again, as in español.

#232 ·
I have Presbyopia....

#237 ·
While taking a leak in an adjoining urinal next to Jr. Walker, I took that opportunity to ask him what kind of mouthpiece he was using .:)

#248 ·
So what did he say?

My name is on over 100 million albums worldwide.
In which case you are now rich enough that you can retire from playing Songbird and duets with dead musicians who can't refuse, and dedicate your life to golf. :D

I still think Freddie Mercury was the greatest vocalist to ever live.

- Saxaholic
Who's your second choice, Tiny Tim? ;D

#240 ·
... and that big brass thing in your mouth is not a Hookah....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.