Sax on the Web Forum banner

One random fact about yourself

91K views 336 replies 163 participants last post by  TurtleJimmy 
#1 ·
Thought I'd post this topic for fun. It should reveal interesting attributes of people who frequent this forum.

Post one random fact about yourself. It can something trivial or something important. Anything you feel like sharing. Doesn't necessarily have to be related to music.

So here I go -

I can mimic almost anybody - voice, gait, mannerisms, quirks etc perfectly within 15 minutes of meeting that person. So if any of you meet me, watch out! :badgrin:

#139 ·
I lived in a house on Delmar street in San Francisco and my back door faced the back yard the Grateful Dead house on Ashbury street. I use to sit on a little outdoor porch and practice the sax thinking that one day they would be impressed and invite me over.
Never happened.

In addition to being a longshoreman for local 6, ILWU, I also worked as a volunteer at the Haight Ashbury Free clinic, in the substance abuse clinic. Later I became a client.

Why?
Grass was $75 a kilo and Ousley tabs went for 3 to 5 bucks.

#166 ·
Either snort less, or use brown food coloring on the coke.

Random fact: I had 46 stitches in my head last week.
Whoa!! Since you're a doctor, I was going to make a joke about you sewing them yourself, but that number is really large and if they aren't micro-stiches, that must be one helluva big incision and probably something serious. I hope not. Are you O.K. Doc?

#170 ·
Sounds like a really tough thing to have to experience. I certainly wish you a speedy and complete recovery and a clean bill of health (and a small doctor's bill too).

#172 ·
The healing of the top layer is going especially well. As to "got it all" - whew... I was under a local when they did the deed and could hear the doc scraping on my skull. That's a sound that'll be with me for a while. He said that he got "aggressive" and that there was "no pitting or spongy bone". Yeah, I agree... Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Be well.

g

#179 ·
My first wife and I were married on July 3.......the minister dated the certificate July 4. Divorced after 16 years.

My second wife and I were married on June 8.......the certificate was dated June 9. Still married after 25 years.

If this one doesn't work out, I don't think I will do the deed again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.