Sax on the Web Forum banner

One random fact about yourself

92K views 336 replies 163 participants last post by  TurtleJimmy 
#1 ·
Thought I'd post this topic for fun. It should reveal interesting attributes of people who frequent this forum.

Post one random fact about yourself. It can something trivial or something important. Anything you feel like sharing. Doesn't necessarily have to be related to music.

So here I go -

I can mimic almost anybody - voice, gait, mannerisms, quirks etc perfectly within 15 minutes of meeting that person. So if any of you meet me, watch out! :badgrin:

#107 ·
Several years ago, I got spontaneous double vision in the one eye - one morning I could suddenly see two versions of the world, one above the other, both in perfect focus, out of my right eye.

Left eye, still perfectly normal. Right eye, stereoscopic. Years later, a leading opthalmologist is still trying to figure out what's with that... Him and me both! 8;-(

It's funny that now absolutely everyone else has at least four eyes! and an o looks like 8. Dead-set completely does my head in sometimes... 8;-(

#119 ·
Tomorrow will be the first day in 20 years I haven't owned a Cherokee. (Still have a Jeep, but no more old Cherokees)

#135 ·
i scuba'd in FLA with manatees.

so the legend goes that sailors of old may have been seeing these and mistook them for 'mermaids'. i'm thinking those sailors had to be at sea for a LONG time to think one of those things are good looking. that, or they were making the RIGHT decision to leave their previous land/home.

#131 ·
I've never admitted this before, but I...well we, actually....are transaxual Siamese twins. That's me on the left.

#134 ·
For years, when I put the ligature on the mouthpiece, about half the time I'd get it wrong the first time, that is I'd try to put the smaller end on first, backwards, as it were. You know, I'd look and try to tell which was the small end, but the difference is not great, and I'd frequently get it wrong.

It came as a big revelation to me, about a year ago, that you could always get it on the right way by orienting it so the screw heads are the right side !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.