Sax on the Web Forum banner

One random fact about yourself

91K views 336 replies 163 participants last post by  TurtleJimmy 
#1 ·
Thought I'd post this topic for fun. It should reveal interesting attributes of people who frequent this forum.

Post one random fact about yourself. It can something trivial or something important. Anything you feel like sharing. Doesn't necessarily have to be related to music.

So here I go -

I can mimic almost anybody - voice, gait, mannerisms, quirks etc perfectly within 15 minutes of meeting that person. So if any of you meet me, watch out! :badgrin:

#69 ·
I had the end of my left pinky amputated after a cycling accident 7 years ago. It still hurts to play low C# B and Bb

#83 ·
That's a strange thing to do after a cycling accident! Is this some kind of Crocodile Dundee thing?

#76 ·
I'm #76 in the random post thread.

#79 ·
My yet ain't so good neither!

#82 ·
When I was around 11 or 12, a friend shot me in the eye with a BB gun. As a result I now have two pupils in that eye. I have to wear sunglasses anytime I go outside as everything is twice as bright in that eye. My vision was not affected though.

#86 ·
Billy Martin once threw a baseball to me before a Yankees - Mariners game. He was actually trying to throw it to the hot babe standing next to me but missed it wide left and I caught it just before it hit me in the chest. He wanted me to give it to her, but I politely declined.

I then had the privilege of having my lineage questioned - - along with other observations - - by Billy Martin. It was almost as much fun as being insulted by Dr. Whippet.

#88 ·
My wife also has Reynaud's syndrome.

I survived a bone marrow transplant, and one of my floor mates at the hospital was Jose Carrerras, the opera singer...

I had a blood type change from 'A' to 'B' during my bone marrow transplant.

If you draw a blood sample out of my body and test it for sex determination it will say that the sample came from a female, becasue my bone marrow donor was a woman, and now her bone marrow, engrafted in my body makes all of my blood cells...???

Wait...that's 4 things...although 3 are sort of related...???

#95 ·
8 months ago I weighed about 240lbs, I now weigh about 163lbs. :)

Fact 2: everyone in my immediate family (mom, pop, brother) plays guitar, and so do I. However, I am the only one who does NOT also play piano. (took lessons from my father a long time ago, but didn't stick with it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.