Sax on the Web Forum banner

One random fact about yourself

92K views 336 replies 163 participants last post by  TurtleJimmy 
#1 ·
Thought I'd post this topic for fun. It should reveal interesting attributes of people who frequent this forum.

Post one random fact about yourself. It can something trivial or something important. Anything you feel like sharing. Doesn't necessarily have to be related to music.

So here I go -

I can mimic almost anybody - voice, gait, mannerisms, quirks etc perfectly within 15 minutes of meeting that person. So if any of you meet me, watch out! :badgrin:

#2 ·
Neither of my parents graduated from high school, and are not musical.

#4 ·
I'm the second member of my family capable of playing more than four instruments (one at a time still, though...)

The first was my great-grandad who was a clarinet/sax/horn/etc player for Fry's Million Dollar Pier Orchestra.

#12 ·
I am ambidextrous.

For most folks that means they are both-handed as opposed to just being left or right handed. For me, my wife contends that it really means I am equally neither-handed.

Ironically, when I am usually asked to share one random fact about myself, I usually tell them I play saxophone. But I figure that one is a given here on SOTW. :bluewink:

#13 ·
I made Ron Jeremy cry.

#25 ·
I hope you didn't find Herman's pee wee in it.

#17 ·
Thought I'd post this topic for fun. It should reveal interesting attributes of people who frequent this forum.
I can mimic almost anybody - voice, gait, mannerisms, quirks etc perfectly within 15 minutes of meeting that person. So if any of you meet me, watch out! :badgrin:

take THAT. but WAIT! there's more...

"you're on 10 on your guitar, ... where can you go from there?...these (amplifier knobs) go to eleven".

"don't point... it can't be played".

#18 ·
I'm often seen carrying a blunt instrument, so watch out!

When blunt instruments are outlawed, only outlaws will have blunt instruments.

#31 ·
I was born two months prematurely (many decades ago) and weighed less than 2 lbs. Today, I'm 6 ft 6 in tall and weigh nearly 275 lbs. As my dad says, I'm a big boy for my size!

Sax related: When I was a kid my dad invited James Moody to dinner and to spend the night. I had no idea how cool this way until many years later.

Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.